Older m.2 + GPU heat?

So I've had issues with my m.2 drive disappearing from BIOS after power loss. BUT, I'm also wondering if heat is an issue. 

It's an older drive, not sure which controller - Kingston SSD now 120gb. It's sits directly under the GPU, and I've got an r9 390 parked right above it. The cooling fins on the GPU also face vertically, meaning hi air is blow out the top of the card, or right against the m.2 below.

I used to have a GTX 970, but had to swap with my wife because if case compatibility. But the drive was giving me troubles a bit before the swap & that GPU had horizontal cooling fins.

When I can get the drive to work, hwinfo shows temps around 30°c, but crystal diskmark won't register any temps for the drive.

Any advice?

Do you have another slot you can put the graphics card in? Might fix your heating concern. Having something blowing very hot air against your M.2 SSD isn't s good thing.

54 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Do you have another slot you can put the graphics card in? Might fix your heating concern. Having something blowing very hot air against your M.2 SSD isn't s good thing.

It's an matx board, so I think I do but it's an 8x slot. Might give it a shot anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Kc7vwc said:

It's an matx board, so I think I do but it's an 8x slot. Might give it a shot anyway. 

Thee amount of bandwidth a PCI_ex8 2.0 and even more so a PCI_ex8 3.0 slot have is so great that it far exceed the speed at which the GPU can process information. It's like drinking soda through a straw that has the circumference of a golf ball. The straw can handle more fluid than you're capable of drinking at any one time.