Test Drive Unlimited 2 Error

STEAL7HY
Go to solution Solved by pwn_intended,

Well regardless of how old the laptop is, a BIOS update:

1. never hurts to do (it probably didn't ship with the latest bios on it)

2. Shouldn't affect whether or not a game launches, but worth trying anyway if that's what the support guys said.

If that doesn't work, try looking online for some other ideas. Literally go and google "a required security module can not be activated" and you will find quite a few forum posts with people having the same problem in various games. Seems to have to do with using daemon tools or other drive emulation software most of the time.

Can someone help me find out why I can not play my game I run it like any other game and it brings up the error "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."

Capture 111.PNG

Can anyone help thank you for your time

All it gave me was this

12121.PNG

And I already emailed them earler and they told me to update my bios and it is a new laptop so I didn't think that would help

2. Shouldn't affect whether or not a game launches, but worth trying anyway if that's what the support guys said.

If that doesn't work, try looking online for some other ideas. Literally go and google "a required security module can not be activated" and you will find quite a few forum posts with people having the same problem in various games. Seems to have to do with using daemon tools or other drive emulation software most of the time.

When in doubt, re-format.

31 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

I ran a bios upgrade and it worked thanks