1Tb WD Folder disappeared

X_xStriderx_X
Go to solution Solved by TheTelperion,
5 minutes ago, X_xStriderx_X said:

Hi i have windows 10 and i went to eject my hdd so i did and the hdd looked like it disconnected it was gone from My Computer and then as i unplugged it , it came with an error then i plugged it back in and opened my hdd files were still there and the space used was the same then as i was looking at it one of my main folders just disappeared right infront of me and now i have lost so much stuff is there any way i can recover my files i know they are still there due to how much space is left on the hdd sorry if this is confusing if u need anymore info i can give just ask 

thx

xddddd.PNG

It's probably still on the drive, but Windows set it as deleted.

Try any data recovery software to recover it, should work.

Here's a nice free one: https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Hi i have windows 10 and i went to eject my hdd so i did and the hdd looked like it disconnected it was gone from My Computer and then as i unplugged it , it came with an error then i plugged it back in and opened my hdd files were still there and the space used was the same then as i was looking at it one of my main folders just disappeared right infront of me and now i have lost so much stuff is there any way i can recover my files i know they are still there due to how much space is left on the hdd sorry if this is confusing if u need anymore info i can give just ask 

thx

xddddd.PNG

5 minutes ago, X_xStriderx_X said:

thx

xddddd.PNG

Here's to the crazy ones...

10 minutes ago, X_xStriderx_X said:

thx

xddddd.PNG

Did you try listing all files via CMD?

Direct to the drive, f.e. E: then type "dir". Is there anything listed?

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

22 hours ago, Mike87 said:

Did you try listing all files via CMD?

Direct to the drive, f.e. E: then type "dir". Is there anything listed?

i tried 

G:\>dir Main Folder\ 
The system cannot find the file specified.

and i tried it on another folder that had files and got this so cmd is not picking up the files for main folder

G:\>dir Test\
 Volume in drive G is X_xStriderx_X
 Volume Serial Number is ECCD-173C

Directory of G:\Test

01/15/2017  10:21 PM    <DIR>          .
01/15/2017  10:21 PM    <DIR>          ..
01/15/2017  10:21 PM    <DIR>          Music
               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               3 Dir(s)  463,291,781,120 bytes free

22 hours ago, TheTelperion said:

hi i installed the software it it found over 80000 files under main folder but its doing a deep scan which could take hours 

19 hours ago, X_xStriderx_X said:

hi i installed the software it it found over 80000 files under main folder but its doing a deep scan which could take hours 

I'm afraid you just have to try it.

Maybe try finding a faster scan? Or Google for other free programs.

Good luck, :)

Here's to the crazy ones...

On 1/16/2017 at 5:59 PM, TheTelperion said:

I'm afraid you just have to try it.

Maybe try finding a faster scan? Or Google for other free programs.

Good luck, :)

Hey thanks the deep scan actually only took 2 min lol it found my 500gb missing files and i got everything back thanks alot guys :D