Creating a System Backup

Go to solution Solved by DarrenP,

My thinking was just use Acronis Backup/Restore, use the backup function, make the image, then use  the recover function after you've created the image, and recover the image to the new drive. 

I've had a few problems with my Pc lately and I would really like to create a backup of my C:\ drive so that I don't have to reinstall everything again. By problem I mean: I set it back to factory settings after it not working(presumably a virus) and now I have a clean version that isn't messed up and works great. I would like to get some tips from you guys on how I could do this. Also leave some suggestions to good software, because I tried to use the windows software, but it told me that my drive is full -.- I have 170gb on my C:\ drive and more than 650b free on the drive I'm saving it on (partition of a 2tb drive). I'm planning on moving the backup to an external drive as soon as I can gather the money for one.

cheers,

chicksoup

Use Acronis 10.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Just cone the partition to your hard drive using Macrium Reflect. 

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

If you're having problems, a system backup will only restore them.

EDIT: Misread the post. You can use Acronis 10.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My thinking was just use Acronis Backup/Restore, use the backup function, make the image, then use  the recover function after you've created the image, and recover the image to the new drive. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

thank you. I'm downloading it right now and guessing by the text it will do exactly what I need it to

Acronis / Norton Ghost or you could setup a Clonezilla Server. :D

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

I swear by Acronis True Image.....best backup software ever.

Acronis is like god sent.