PowerColor Announces Radeon R9 290 OC ahead of launch

Mattriz

Well someone is getting a promotion, PowerColor released press information about their yet unannounced product — Radeon R9 290 OC — before NDA even lifts.

Press Release

PowerColor_R9290_OC_01s.jpg

TUL Corporation, a leading manufacturer of AMD graphic cards, today add other choice into R9 series for hardcore gamers, the PowerColor R9 290 OC. Based on brand new “Hawaii” GPU, the R9 290 offers gamers latest DirectX 11.2 support, delivering fierce performance and revolutionary intelligence. Meanwhile, users are available to experience 4K ultra resolution gaming now without sacrificing a single detail.

The PowerColor R9 290 OC is built with AMD “Hawaii” GPU, which utilizes the latest GCN architecture, and 2560 stream processors, providing best performance without compromise. Also, The R9 290 OC use the highest standard memory with 4G GDDR5, clocked at 975 MHz of core which is 30 MHz above reference board, together with 1200 MHz memory clocks, offering gamers an immediate framerate gain. Furthermore, sharing the same memory interface, 512-bit, with R9 290X, successfully tackles demanding games titles without effort.

PowerColor_R9290_OC_specs.jpg

The AMD TrueAudio technology and Mantle plays important roles with the release of R9 290 OC. The AMD TrueAudio technology is the first discrete GPU featuring programmable audio pipeline, delivering a unique audio user experience on PCs. With Mantle support, game developers can get the unparalleled access to the GPU core, and bring a brand new way of looking at the world of digital gaming. To enable higher performance and more power efficiency, the PowerColor R9 290 OC supports AMD PowerTune technology, performing intelligent assessment of the GPU’s real time power draw.

http://videocardz.com/47607/powercolor-announces-radeon-r9-290-oc-ahead-launch

CPU i7-930 @ 4GHz Mobo Asus P6X58D-E GPU Gigabyte 970 G1 RAM Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 8GB HDD Western Digital 1TB SSD Samsung 840 pro 128GB PSU Corsair TX 750w Cooling Corsair H100i Os Win 10 Pro Monitor AOC G2460PG

Cheers PowerColor! Looks like they're still reference coolers though.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

gg PowerColor.

(Dat 4gb vRam!)

Dat cooler :(

Why aren't we seeing after market coolers yet for the r9 series?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

OC version with stock cooler?
I assume this will run cooler than the 290-x as it has same die size but less stream processors.

Why aren't we seeing after market coolers yet for the r9 series?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Reference only launch I think.

PowerColor had a similar card with the 290x, it was up for sale on Aria.co.uk at launch, it was just a reference 290x with 30mhz on the core. Its not really a "OC" version since the board design and cooler are still reference. I'd imagine this "OC" is just as meh as the 290x one they made.  

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Still waiting for new non reference coolers to appear on the 290. 4GB seems to be a nice amount to have on a card to power multiple screens/4K.

Link to the announcement :)http://www.powercolor.com/au/News.asp?id=1199

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer