Whining noise from Onkyo receiver

Trixanity

I have an Onkyo HT-X22HDX surround system which has a receiver/subwoofer unit. I was gonna sell it but I noticed it has some whining/whirring noise that I think is coming from the fan but I'm not entirely sure. I cleaned the fan with some compressed air but the noise is still there. I've recorded it although there is a lot of ambient noise: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JzWb9n0jF-MUJtTUpYaHhuUW8/view?usp=drivesdk

So my question is: is it the fan or something else and what can I do to fix it? 

It will impact a potential sale, so I figure I should try to fix it.

That sounded like a bit of cracking as well :S

Excuse my broken keyboard

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

SSD - Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

HDD - WD Black 4TB

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

On 14/1/2017 at 1:04 PM, Petoovee said:

That sounded like a bit of cracking as well :S

I figure we're talking about the same thing. It's the thing that increases in volume and then lowers again at a regular interval. It was recorded with my phone (hence the poor quality and loud ambient noise; I figure the noise canceling isn't working when using the recording app) near the exhaust vent but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the fan making the noise as it can be heard at a relatively long distance from the unit. The receiver is turned on but idle and not connected to any audio source and is therefore not playing anything. I'd rather not be forced to open it up and maybe replace the fan but if I must then I will of course.

If anyone has experienced this before and know of a solution, I'm all ears.