No VRM Cooling No Airflow

Hi guys!

I am looking forward to buy a Calyos Fanless PC Case (they start the kickstarter in Feb.).

Within this case i will face zero Airflow cause there is not a single fan on any component.

The quesition is if my 980Ti or a 1080Ti (Updgrade) will be running OK without VRM cooling.

From what we know now about the Calso system it seems that only the DIE at the GPU will be cooled.

Do see any problems there also with other components like RAM or Mainboard VRM?

Regards

Panic

Your GPU should be ok as long as you aren't cranking any big overclocks. YMMV though.

When in doubt, re-format.

3 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Your GPU should be ok as long as you aren't cranking any big overclocks. YMMV though.

I hope so :) but since even EVGA VRM blowing up with cooling the quesition seemed legit to me :)

I am thinking if even VRM from a brand like EVGA with cooling are going up in flames i think it is highly possible that a VRM without any Airflow and Fans at all will be even more likely to get broken...

I think the problem with the EVGA cards was when overclocking them. I take no responsibility if your card blows up though.

When in doubt, re-format.

They already confirmed its not the vrm, it was a bad batch of capaciter.

You could try putting some mini heat sinks on them to help.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

Back of one of my cards hits 80c. I could only imagine how the vrm would be with nothing in it. But if it's within the manufacturers specs, you should be ok. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz