Monitor is absolutely blank after a BSOD, but PC is fine?

Maverick4407

Here's my setup:

i7 7700k

Phanteks TC12DX cooler

Asrock Z270 Extreme 4

MSI RX480 8gb Gaming X

Corsair 8x2 Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM

Kingston SSDNow M.2 240gb

WesternDigital 1TB HDD

AOC g2460vq6 monitor

I was gaming for about 4 hours, when everything just froze and the screen turned red (although i suspect it's a BSOD). The monitor stayed red for 10 secs, and then the system rebooted. The monitor was still fine, i could see the Asrock splash screen, and i entered the BIOS to see if anything was wrong. I didn't change anything, however, and hit reboot. This time around, the PC turns on normally, but the AOC monitor is blank. The keyboard is on, the mouse is on normally, if i hit Del/F2 after i turn on, there'd be a beep, meaning i'd got into the BIOS (so that must mean the mobo and other components are okay, right?), but the screen is pitch black, nothing. So i unplugged the monitor from the graphics card (it was running DisplayPort 1.2), and plugged it into the mobo instead (HDMI port), but when i turned on the PC, the screen is still blank (the monitor said "no signal"). I currently have no other displays to cross-check the problem.

Is there any chance my monitor is broken? Or are my mobo, GPU and CPU broken? I really hope it's the former :(, even though i'd rather nothing was wrong in the first place.

Okay, when i plugged into the gfx card again (but this time with the HDMI cable, not DP), i get this top "line" when i try to boot normally. When i try to boot into BIOS, the screen is just blank, even though this time the monitor registers the HDMI display. I really think the monitor is dead. I'm gonna try to plug my PC into my neighbor's Samsung TV (with an HDMI port), just to be sure that the tower is okay.

IMG_20170113_214154.jpg

When i removed the gfx card out entirely and plugged in the monitor, the screen was on (meaning it wasn't dead), but instead i the 0xc0000225 message on screen. Rebooted with Ctrl Alt Del, but i can't even get into the UEFI BIOS when i hit Del/F2, everything was just blank. I think the monitor isn't the problem at all, but rather my bootdrive and/or my mobo.

IMG_20170114_083403.jpg