Wall Mounted Water Cooled PC Planning

I am in the process of planning a wall mounted PC that is completely water cooled, but with a twist, it will use almost no tubing. I am planning on mounting the components to acrylic, two sheets sandwiched together, one thick and one thin. I will use a CNC router to make channels in the thick sheet which will be covered and sealed by the thinner sheet, these channels will carry the water to and from each of the waterblocks. There will be holes drilled through the top sheet with fittings in them, small amounts of tubing will be used to connect those fittings to the waterblocks. This will be done in between each of the waterblocks and finally to a radiator array and back into the reservoir, which will be mounted on the acrylic as well. Hopefully that explanation was clear enough to get the point across.

I have most of the parts picked out, but need help choosing a few. I need a new motherboard (as I am having trouble with my current one) I would like it to have VRM and chipset waterblock support (Preferably EK). I will also need to figure out the dimensions of the acrylic sheets and what type of sheet to get. I was planning to do a white UV fluid so that I could put lights under the bottom layer of acrylic to make it glow, I know that UV and acrylic don't really mix too well so I might have to figure out a different kind of plastic to use (maybe PETG). I also don't know how sheet acrylic will handle exposure to water and UV fluid.

I am going to need to find PCI risers that are long enough to reach the cards, I am thinking that they will be at the bottom of the motherboard. I would also like to be able to spread my GPUs apart, but to do SLI I would need to be pretty creative with the bridge, unless I can figure out how to make my own custom length bridge (maybe unsolder the connectors to two flexible bridges and use CAT7 cables to link them together). Custom length cables are also going to need to be a thing for this build.

List of waterblocks:

Motherboard chipset block

Motherboard VRM block

2x EK RAM block (To tie in to the fully watercooled aspect, I know that they don't really do much)

Supremacy EVO

2x 1080ti blocks (hopefully it comes out, but if not regular 1080s will have to do)

Intel 750 SSD block

2 HDD blocks for my Velociraptors (they get really hot without airflow)

Other than the parts that are watercooled I will have 4 SSDs and 2 more HDDs.

As you can probably tell this is still pretty half-baked, any advice is greatly appreciated.

That is quite a project you thought of there. I'm not really much of an electrical engineer (only 1st semester) so I can't help you with the SLI bridge and the PCIe extenders (although I'm pretty sure that you should not daisy-chain multiple of these) but you can get the custom length cables from here. For the motherboard, it really depends on how overkill you want to go (I'm guessing very). Top of the line atm is either the MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon (although EK does not carry blocks for this board) or the Asus Rampage V edition 10 (EK does have blocks for this - even with RGB).

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

3 hours ago, toasty6776 said:

That is quite a project you thought of there. I'm not really much of an electrical engineer (only 1st semester) so I can't help you with the SLI bridge and the PCIe extenders (although I'm pretty sure that you should not daisy-chain multiple of these) but you can get the custom length cables from here. For the motherboard, it really depends on how overkill you want to go (I'm guessing very). Top of the line atm is either the MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon (although EK does not carry blocks for this board) or the Asus Rampage V edition 10 (EK does have blocks for this - even with RGB).

Thanks, I might end up getting the Rampage V edition 10. The SLI bridge might have to be a trial and error kind of thing.

33 minutes ago, coolkuhl11 said:

Thanks, I might end up getting the Rampage V edition 10. The SLI bridge might have to be a trial and error kind of thing.

Glad that I could help. Best of luck to you for this build I'm psyched to see some pictures once it's done!

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S