Death Metal Fan

Emkryan

So I'm as far away from being an audiophile as one can be. I'm looking for the best headphones for metal around the ~$75 USD range, I can go to $100 if I HAVE TO. I'm looking for good build quality too(who isn't though?) . These are my old headphones that were a decent quality but the drivers are busted and making a seriously annoying buzzing noise. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V150-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B000092YPR. I have a separate mic so I'm not looking for a gaming headset or "Gaming" headphones.I'm also going to consider looks so I'll just round up all of the choices you guys give me and I will cut them down for looks because I am very into aesthetics.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I'd recommend something with lots of mids as that's what you are going to be hearing most of the time, and the AKG K 240 I own fits that bill perfectly, only issue being it's needs an amp to be driven so I don't think that will work out for you

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033PROOY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=18TQ8NYQT504B4Y3ZA5W&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846
this might though

You would probably love my headphones, but they are around $135. I listen to similar types of music (melo death, power, and folk) and they all sound great. You should definitely look for something with good mids and highs.

Grado's and amusingly enough I found the WS series from Audio Technica to perform very well with metal. 

I'm a metal head as well,i listen to everything from thrash to death.The JVC rx700s are pretty good for metal. plus they are around $45. I actually prefer them to my grados funny enough. They do require a lot of burn in before the treble calms down and the mids open up. All in all a great set of cans imo 

• 1 month later...

Hey, I need more recommendations.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Please don't bump your posts. If you need more recommendations, say something along the lines of, "Hey, I need more recommendations."

However, I just got a pair of CHC Silverado's and they're pretty great. I don't know how long the price is going to stay so low, however.