I have a 3.5" 5400 RPM Barracuda Green (dk what bpi) on an H61 mb with SATA 2, and I game a lot. And I'm fine. I don't mind loading screens. I don't mind if startup takes a little while (w10h). But if w10's own business is sooo0000ooo intense that it interrupts my music (mp3 to 24/192 wav)for a second, or even a fuckin' MINUTE, I, naturally, get kinda mad. Guess what hapens if I move the cursor during the pause? Explorer crashes. Great. I know VLC's fault is this because it uses a larger buffer but CMON, it doesn't have to happen, does it? I know that I can just change my player (I won't) but the problem really shines when a game crashes vith a void or an unknown error while w10 is at it. I have an i5 3470 which is great, an obvious amount of RAM that won't affect anything, and 2 TB of an empty tank that doesn't need cleaning yet, and all the now gone optimisations before the anniversary update. Should I just adjust the page files? Only time I tried that resulted GTA saying "Not enough RAM", I had 4GB at the time. I have an old disk tho. Everyone I talked to were like "Well get an SSD ya twat" And I would love something separate for w10 to spray its shit on. But again, I don't know what the main cause of this, how many causes there are (IPoint and IType are annoying), what would this change exept reducing startup time by 25% at most (sata2)(I don't have pcie x4), how long would it last, or would it even worth it today.

It's kinda fixed atm. I checked "No Effects pls" even tho no effect was checked, that helped. If there is more pointless stuff like this that I should do, I would be happy to know. Really, I had to disable HIDS, now I can't use the calculator button on my keyboard. And if it is possible to reduce disk usage level to below 99% at any time I want do do anything, otherwise it sits at 0%. Thank you all for reading.

Btw are WD Raptors good? They have similar performance exept 4k maybe, similar pricing, better durability, actually quiet, yet people prefer SSDs...

i highly doubt a WD Raptor which spins at 10k....is going to be quiet 

HDD with better durability than an SSD? where are you getting this info from?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Well... I haven't heard them by my own ears but I looked up on google and youtube n' such, I was suprised aswell. And many hdd's are more durable than ssd's, my father uses one for 12 years now

You seem like you need more ram. Get a ssd it's much faster than any hdd. Those wd raptors are old and slow. If you want a fast hdd you have to get something like a Segate 900gb 15k drive. There a as only and cost more than a ssd, so don't buy them. 

For longevity, a ssd will last much longer than a hdd for most uses. In a data center  hdds have higher failure rates but ssds have more errors. 

Raptors are good, but certainly not performing like a SSD. A HDD can't do multiple tasks at the same time like SSD can. Just the way how it is bro if your disk has to do much simultanious actions.

W10 is doing a lot on the background like checking the appstore, updates etc. So maybe that is messing stuff up. Is your usage all the time at 99% or only a while after startup? You have 32 or 64 bit btw?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

As soon as I start to move my mouse to awake it, I starts, I leave it, 10 minutes rattling, then stops. If I open task manager during that, it tries to stop everything before starting that... BTW my hdd is 10 years old by now, no problems so far.

1 minute ago, I cant overload 8gb ddr3 said:

As soon as I start to move my mouse to awake it, I starts, I leave it, 10 minutes rattling, then stops. If I open task manager during that, it tries to stop everything before starting that... BTW my hdd is 10 years old by now, no problems so far.

So new hdd and more ram

I have 8 gb ram which is enough, thank you. I'm thinking about the hdd but at the same price I can get a 120gb ssd and stuff w10 in it (64bit)

7 minutes ago, I cant overload 8gb ddr3 said:

I have 8 gb ram which is enough, thank you. I'm thinking about the hdd but at the same price I can get a 120gb ssd and stuff w10 in it (64bit)

Don't get a drive with Windows or a os. 

I'd get 16gb it's not much more and used as a cache 

14 minutes ago, I cant overload 8gb ddr3 said:

Well... I haven't heard them by my own ears but I looked up on google and youtube n' such, I was suprised aswell. And many hdd's are more durable than ssd's, my father uses one for 12 years now

This is incorrect. Several years ago, ssds were less reliable, but the technology  has  improve. SSDs are now quite a bit more reliable, and more physically durable as well since there are no moving parts to damage. To give you an idea, dust in the wrong part of a hard drive will kill it. I've dropped my ssd down the stairs and it came out unscathed. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I know that hdd's are prone to even vibrations but I dunno ssd's rarely have 5 year warranty, and die out before the stated TB's of stress tests, I don't know beyond that.

Using RAM as disk cache got too old now, widnows already does that itself.

4 minutes ago, I cant overload 8gb ddr3 said:

die out before the stated TB's of stress tests,

no the don't they will last a long time.

4 minutes ago, I cant overload 8gb ddr3 said:

Using RAM as disk cache got too old now, widnows already does that itself.

So just add more ram so that cache is bigger.

I did my research ok? only ones that surpassed stated numbers were samsung, and some other one that doesn't sell in my country, and windows only uses 30 MB's of my RAM as disk cache, so adding 8000 MB won't change much.