AF or SP

toooby

I want to buy the Fractal Design Define S. But the front fans are covered but the front panel. I was wondering if it would be better to get airflow fans or static pressure fans. 

All fans have some degree of static pressure and airflow. The Define S isn't that restrictive at the front and any sort of balanced fan design would work fine. Why not just stick with the stock fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

All fans have some degree of static pressure and airflow. The Define S isn't that restrictive at the front and any sort of balanced fan design would work fine. Why not just stick with the stock fans?

Because I have some corsair SP fans and I was just wondering if it would be better if i stick with those or just get some of corsair's AF fans.

Just now, toooby said:

Because I have some corsair SP fans and I was just wondering if it would be better if i stick with those or just get some of corsair's AF fans.

The stock GP-14's are better.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The stock GP-14's are better.

I just want to add a couple fans 2 intakes and 1 exhaust or 2 intakes and 2 exhaust something along those lines

2 minutes ago, toooby said:

I just want to add a couple fans 2 intakes and 1 exhaust or 2 intakes and 2 exhaust something along those lines

For what reason? is the stock cooling inadequate?

Idk im just trying to get the best cooling possible 

Future owner of the same case here.. 

Do you think buying two more fans of the same variety (GP-14) and putting them in the front and running at low rpm would make the case more silence optimized?

LTT did a video on this. you only need two fans in a case

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

LTT did a video on this. you only need two fans in a case

oh hahaha okay i might have seen it but i dont remember with luke right? ill just watch it again lol  

5 minutes ago, toooby said:

Idk im just trying to get the best cooling possible 

What are your specs and current temps?

4 minutes ago, Littlelaner said:

Future owner of the same case here.. 

Do you think buying two more fans of the same variety (GP-14) and putting them in the front and running at low rpm would make the case more silence optimized?

Yes, running more of the same fans at lower speeds will be quieter.

2 minutes ago, toooby said:

oh hahaha okay i might have seen it but i dont remember with luke right? ill just watch it again lol  

yea just fill the front of your case with the largest fans you can; then you only need one rear fan & there was a small benefit to having a second exhaust fan. Any more than that gives no benefit.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

What are your specs and current temps?

Yes, running more of the same fans at lower speeds will be quieter.

well i have a i5 6500 with a sapphire rx 470 nitro+  

8 minutes ago, toooby said:

well i have a i5 6500 with a sapphire rx 470 nitro+  

What are your temps?

16 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your temps?

I can't tell you any thing specific I'm not home ATM :/ right now but I'd say there okay like around 75C for my gpu and 50 C for my CPU under load 

Just now, toooby said:

I can't tell you any thing specific I'm not home ATM :/ right now but I'd say there okay like around 75C for my gpu and 50 C for my CPU under load 

Those temps are perfectly fine. Unless you have a reason other than temps to change your cooling, I'd suggest keeping it the way it is. 

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those temps are perfectly fine. Unless you have a reason other than temps to change your cooling, I'd suggest keeping it the way it is. 

Okok but I bought the fans and I kinda want to use them lol I'll probably add a fan just to keep it a little more positive pressure and keep dust out (: 

3 minutes ago, toooby said:

Okok but I bought the fans and I kinda want to use them lol I'll probably add a fan just to keep it a little more positive pressure and keep dust out (: 

Adding a fan would add noise. You could lower the rear fan speed instead and return the fans. 

Oh true I'll just do that thanks for the help! 

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Adding a fan would add noise. You could lower the rear fan speed instead and return the fans.