Corsair ml fans sounding like jet engines

Wyatt Ba

I had just bought some corsair ml fans, which I had heard are very quiet. That's mainly why I bough them. However, they sound like jet engines. Idk how to change the fan curve but I do know that they are maxed out at around 1500 rpm. They're even louder with a dust filter in them. 

What headers are the fans plugged into?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, Wyatt Ba said:

I had just bought some corsair ml fans, which I had heard are very quiet. That's mainly why I bough them. However, they sound like jet engines. Idk how to change the fan curve but I do know that they are maxed out at around 1500 rpm. They're even louder with a dust filter in them. 

Of course they sound like jet engines, they spin all the way up to 2450RPM. Connect them to your motherboard so you can control them, or do a hardware mod to connect them to the 5V rail through molex (http://www.silentpcreview.com/Recommended_Fans)

I don't regard them as quiet fans. They're reasonably loud very high performance fans.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I had to check on something else, but ill try and find some open headers on my mobo. 

Ok now I have them plugged into the mob, and they are much quieter. I would imagine that they are working off the fan settings on the bios, which is perfectly fine. I'm regretting my decision about these fans. I personally think that a pair of nf-f12s would suit me better. They were plugged into a pwm fan hub. 

14 minutes ago, Wyatt Ba said:

Ok now I have them plugged into the mob, and they are much quieter. I would imagine that they are working off the fan settings on the bios, which is perfectly fine. I'm regretting my decision about these fans. I personally think that a pair of nf-f12s would suit me better. They were plugged into a pwm fan hub. 

are they 3pin fans

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4