Razers Switches

MekaStrix

Hi,

So I have been researching like crazy to make the best choice for a keyboard and keep seeing people hating on the razer switches just becuase they are made in a chinese factory, the last time I checked a lot of things we use daily were made in china even a lot of out computer components are made in china so is that the real issue with razer switches or is there something else wrong with them?

I have slimed my keyboard choice down as small as I possibly can and no ammount of looking at them can make a choice for me. The ROG claymore doesn't have dedicated media keys but has a dedicated audio scroll wheel and the fn media keys it does have look to be able to set them up as dedicated keys, The razer keyboard has nice feedback but I am unsure about the noise I couldn't judge it in a store as it was loud in the store anyway and the K70 Lux seems quite popular but I just don't know if I want to go corsair again I've always had corsair keyboards and mice and I suck at FPS games anyway so changing shape won't make me any worse lol.

Is Razer really that bad and are the keys loud alternatively I could go with the Asus keyboard and get the Gladius mouse I hear thats similar to the death adder mouse. (I match my mice and keyboards just because I like to :D)

The issue is that they are made cheap, they feel cheap, and they break like cheap.

Get a corsair keyboard instead with MX silent switches if you care about noise.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The issue is that they are made cheap, they feel cheap, and they break like cheap.

Can't get the silence switches here :( tried to the only keyboard they do in silent switches is the K95 Platinum but I don't need the macros or reversible wrist rest

They're not bad, but when you compare them to the industry standard mechanical switches, Cherry MX, their testing and validation is lacking. Cherry MX go above and beyond to validate and test their switches, with extremely tight tolerances, resulting in reliability and consistency (one of the biggest complaints for Razer's switches is the inconsistent feel to switches). 

So, they're not bad, but they definitely cut corners compared to Cherry MX in order to save on cost. 

im using stealth edition with double o-rings its quiet enough... if you want quietest mechanical keyboard you need linear switch... i think razer orange-cherry brown are the best for gaming... since you can feel its actuation point, and lighter than razer green-cherry blue...

skt just won worlds with razer keyboards ^^ again :D even if its not the best, its not that bad... since many pros using razers by their own choice too... without even sponsorship many streamer using razer because they want to...

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

Can't get the silence switches here :( tried to the only keyboard they do in silent switches is the K95 Platinum but I don't need the macros or reversible wrist rest

I'd personally take a look at Ducky Keyboards. They're very simple in terms of design, but are built extremely well. I've had my Ducky Shine 3 for something like 3 years as my primary keyboard and love it. 

12 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

They're not bad, but when you compare them to the industry standard mechanical switches, Cherry MX, their testing and validation is lacking. Cherry MX go above and beyond to validate and test their switches, with extremely tight tolerances, resulting in reliability and consistency (one of the biggest complaints for Razer's switches is the inconsistent feel to switches). 

So, they're not bad, but they definitely cut corners compared to Cherry MX in order to save on cost. 

That some insane validation razers video just shows a load of machines makine the switches lol

I personally love the feel of my Razer, and yes, the clicky switches are EXTREMELY noisy. You would be better off with a Corsair keyboard with cherry blues.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

2 minutes ago, Crossbred said:

I personally love the feel of my Razer, and yes, the clicky switches are EXTREMELY noisy. You would be better off with a Corsair keyboard with cherry blues.

Cherry blues and browns seems to be super hard to get in RGB here i'm not sure why but Amazon is out of stock and a few places have hiked the prices up way beyond what they should be. Whats about the Asus Claymore is that one not worth it's money? The keyboard choice will come down to my mouse choice tbh I like all the switches I have tried. I'm not sure I want another M65 mouse the mouse feels alright but doesn't feel long enough it's more of a wide and short mouse in saying that I've never had any other mice the i've had every generation of m65. I tried the death adder in the store but not on a flat surface I had to just hold it mid air which didn't give me a great opportunity to get a proper feel for it.

36 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Bullshit they actually feel much more stirdy than others keyboards. I've had different keyboards over the years but razer always takes first place

2 minutes ago, MoisterOyster said:

Bullshit they actually feel much more stirdy than others keyboards. I've had different keyboards over the years but razer always takes first place

This is what I mean some people say razer is the best some say to avoid at all costs. The Death Adder seems to be the best selling gaming mouse out there though. So razers quality can't be that awful cause why else would people buy their mice

8 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

This is what I mean some people say razer is the best some say to avoid at all costs. The Death Adder seems to be the best selling gaming mouse out there though. So razers quality can't be that awful cause why else would people buy their mice

Only people who have not tried real cherry MX keyboards think razer is good.

Their switches suck compared to cherry.

Also, read the comments.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

38 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Also, read the comments.

I guess it's between Asus Claymore and Corsair now then xD I saw that image of the key sticking in razer promo video

52 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Also, read the comments.

Do you know much about the Asus Gladius mouse I heard they are releasing a new one soon with a 12,000dpi optical sensor I think it's the same sensor the corsair m65 pro uses. Do Asus make good mice. The Gladius looks a similar shape to the razer but it's not razer xD

37 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

Do you know much about the Asus Gladius mouse I heard they are releasing a new one soon with a 12,000dpi optical sensor I think it's the same sensor the corsair m65 pro uses. Do Asus make good mice. The Gladius looks a similar shape to the razer but it's not razer xD

Idk, I've never used one. I've used corsair and they're great.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Idk, I've never used one. I've used corsair and they're great.

The corsair are good mice I was just interested in trying something else lol I've used a corsair m65 since the first one they released before that I just used a HP mouse lol

Razer's switches depend which one you get, If you get the newer Greetech version, they're great, most of the bad experiences were with the old Kailh switches as shown in that two year old post. I'm using the newer switch now and it's A LOT better than the old one and more crisp than my Corsair LUX with RGB Blues which had a lot of inconsistent keys in terms of pressure required to press down and my F5 was sticking out of the box, although RGB MX Blues have a history of being unreliable which is why they're rarely sold here in the USA.

The ASUS keyboard does seem nice though, it's at least different with the detachable numpad and cable, I'm pretty sure it comes with Costar stabilizers instead of Cherry stabilizers which I prefer. I'd probably try one of those out first to see if you like it and see how polished it is.

2 hours ago, Kleever said:

Razer's switches depend which one you get, If you get the newer Greetech version, they're great, most of the bad experiences were with the old Kailh switches as shown in that two year old post. I'm using the newer switch now and it's A LOT better than the old one and more crisp than my Corsair LUX with RGB Blues which had a lot of inconsistent keys in terms of pressure required to press down and my F5 was sticking out of the box, although RGB MX Blues have a history of being unreliable which is why they're rarely sold here in the USA.

The ASUS keyboard does seem nice though, it's at least different with the detachable numpad and cable, I'm pretty sure it comes with Costar stabilizers instead of Cherry stabilizers which I prefer. I'd probably try one of those out first to see if you like it and see how polished it is.

I heard the Greetech switches were better but people still prefer cherry but like you said even cherry had issues with making an RGB blue switch