Maximus IX Formula RGB

Omie

https://m.imgur.com/sC0VGE0

On the new Maximus IX Formula, there is a USB2.0 header that looks really small compared to the regular USB2.0 header on the left (shared with ROG_EXT). 

Will regular USB2.0 cables still fit into this smaller header without any problems? And does anyone why it was made smaller? It's kind of weird because I haven't seen anything like it before.

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup it should fit with no problem 

Ok cool. I just looks like it won't, almost like an illusion lol.

Is it just me or does the IX Formula's RGB LED near the top where it says "Formula" look kind of weird. It doesn't seem to be a solid color, only some parts are illuminated, almost as if mini-light bulbs are inside.

You can see it in the very beginning on this video: 

It doesn't look like a solid color like it does on the ASUS website and in pictures: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/

But at another angle, basically how it will be positioned in normal cases, it looks better (see 4:46 mark of the video). Could it just be the angle? 

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

xD The mini light bulbs are called leds silly also know as light emitting diodes 

Oh right lol. But I was just expecting the LED's to be so bright it makes it look like a solid color. Could it just be the angle? At the 4:46 mark the camera angle is different and the LED's in that part start to look like a solid color.

1 minute ago, Omie said:

Oh right lol. But I was just expecting the LED's to be so bright it makes it look like a solid color. Could it just be the angle? At the 4:46 mark the camera angle is different and the LED's in that part start to look like a solid color.

yeah they did not diffuse it very well 

3 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

yeah they did not diffuse it very well 

Eh, looks like it was the same in the VIII Formula model as well: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7580/asus-rog-maximus-viii-formula-intel-z170-motherboard-review/index6.html

Oh well, fk it, what are you gonna do. This is the best choice right now so whatever lol.

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Here are some out of my rig.  Not sure if that helps any.

20170109_000401.jpg

20170109_000403.jpg

20170109_000406.jpg

20170109_000357.jpg

Nice looking rig! And thanks for the pics. Yeah it doesn't look nearly as bad as the video. Does it look exactly like your pictures in real life too?

1 minute ago, Omie said:

Nice looking rig! And thanks for the pics. Yeah it doesn't look nearly as bad as the video. Does it look exactly like your pictures in real life too?

I'd say better, but I'm not the guy to listen to when it comes to LEDs and pretty stuff.  I just like fast hardware.  haha

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

I'd say better, but I'm not the guy to listen to when it comes to LEDs and pretty stuff.  I just like fast hardware.  haha

Oh ok cool. Maybe the camera distorts the LED's to make it look less diffused. And thanks for sharing!

Just now, Omie said:

Oh ok cool. Maybe the camera distorts the LED's to make it look less diffused. And thanks for sharing!

You're welcome.  Good luck in your hunt for the right board.  The Formula is great.

10 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You're welcome.  Good luck in your hunt for the right board.  The Formula is great.

Oh don't get me wrong, I actually just ordered it haha. Besides, I don't have a choice anyways because I Aura Sync is a must considering my build has a 1080 Strix and Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case. So, it had to be an Asus mobo and their IX Formula is the best one they offer so far.

But if the "Maximus" writing also lit up it would be perfect.