PC Freezes Whenever I Use Audio

Catz420
So it doesn't matter if I have the headphones plugged in on the motherboard or on the front of my case, it will freeze. I do have the freshest sound drivers downloaded off of MSI's website. Anything else I can do to try and solve this?

I wonder how your computer freezes when you use audio... What do you consider "freezing". Because I think that windows still plays a random sound when boot-up is finished. This should crash/freeze your computer, since it tryed to use audio... Not giving you any chance at all to get them freshest sound drivers. Sooo, I wonder what your problem actualy is, and which statements are true and which ones are false.

Have you tried other audio devices that are driverless/have different drivers (like earphones or speakers)? If those audio devices work, then the headphones are faulty/driver faulty

Have you specified a different bitrate for it that isn't suported maybe? And yes, what is your freeze? You have a error code or BSOD?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

4 hours ago, Gonio said:

Have you specified a different bitrate for it that isn't suported maybe? And yes, what is your freeze? You have a error code or BSOD?

There is no error code, it just freezes on whatever you have open, and you have to hard restart the computer to get it to unfreeze.

4 hours ago, FlufflesMcBob said:

Have you tried other audio devices that are driverless/have different drivers (like earphones or speakers)? If those audio devices work, then the headphones are faulty/driver faulty

Yes, I have tried 2 sets of earphones, and a set of speakers. All have the same end result.

5 hours ago, FlufflesMcBob said:

That won't cause the computer to freeze.

41 minutes ago, Catz420 said:

There is no error code, it just freezes on whatever you have open, and you have to hard restart the computer to get it to unfreeze.

Try uninstalling the manually installed drivers and let Windows find the correct ones.

On 1/8/2017 at 6:05 PM, SSL said:

That won't cause the computer to freeze.

Try uninstalling the manually installed drivers and let Windows find the correct ones.

Ill give er' a try my dude