Windows 10 Home Vs Windows 10 Pro

Z36

In the next day or so I'm gonna install either Home or Pro on a new computer.

Whenever I google or ask anyone I never get a straight answer that makes any sense.

Its pretty much only going to be running Chrome, Games, and occasionally Stream.  

I'm getting a key from Kinguin, so they are going to be the same price. Every youtuber I've seen installs Pro, but why?

Which version has better performance? Why would I want one over the other?

Pro has more features, like being able to join a domain and utilise bitlocker encryption. 

Neither will give you better performance over the other. Choice between one or the other is personal preference unless you need or want to join a domain, use bitlocker or manage group policy. 

An example of managing group policy that i use would be to stop windows from automatically downloading updates; instead it has to ask me to download them first.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

24 minutes ago, Z36 said:

In the next day or so I'm gonna install either Home or Pro on a new computer.

Whenever I google or ask anyone I never get a straight answer that makes any sense.

Its pretty much only going to be running Chrome, Games, and occasionally Stream.  

I'm getting a key from Kinguin, so they are going to be the same price. Every youtuber I've seen installs Pro, but why?

Which version has better performance? Why would I want one over the other?

I would choose pro just because you get access to group policy which allows you to have more control over your network but to be honest, there's no real difference between them for the average user.

Would this also work?

Im currently using Windows 10 after getting the Free Upgrade last year. Upgrading from Windows 8 that I bought. 

If install Window 10 Home on my New Computer can I use the Windows 8 key to Activate Windows 10?