CPU Throttle while gaming (NOT OVErHEAT)

GoldSolitude
Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,

sounds like a glitch is all your drivers up to date 

Today I launched minecraft on my laptop to play it and I noticed the performance was little off so I fired up the elite Task manager and my cpu is running at 1.5 ghz but when I exit minecraft it immediately boosts to 3.5 ghz something? This doesn't happen in csgo. Anyone know what could be the cause of this? I don't think heat is the issue. I tested with and without power plugged in results are the same.

Minecraft:

9oj2n46.pngCS:GO:

bFeZKSR.png

Desktop:

gUznJNe.png

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

what laptop do you have, plug in when playing games when a laptop is not plugged in it does to more of a power saving state.  

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what laptop do you have, plug in when playing games when a laptop is not plugged in it does to more of a power saving state.  

dell inspiron 5567 i7 kabylake. Not a gaming laptop but it can game decently.

I tested plugged in and not plugged in. exact same result on minecraft.

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sounds like a glitch is all your drivers up to date 

I have some chipset driver updates released 3 days ago. I'll install them and test again.

Just now, GoldSolitude said:

I have some chipset driver updates released 3 days ago. I'll install them and test again.

sometimes drivers mess up your system if reinstalling doesn't work try to revert back to your old driver.

14 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sometimes drivers mess up your system if reinstalling doesn't work try to revert back to your old driver.

I never thought drivers would of caused this issue but it seems like its running at full speed now. Installing the drivers might of fixed some issue that a prior install had. Thanks for the help kind internet person.

IV9GtHS.png

1 minute ago, GoldSolitude said:

I never thought drivers would of caused this issue but it seems like its running at full speed now. Installing the drivers might of fixed some issue that a prior install had. Thanks for the help kind internet person.

IV9GtHS.png

hope you don't have anymore problems.