Bluetooth and Wifi

ruffel

My wifi speed on my phone slows down to 360kbps from ~80mbps when I have a Bluetooth earphone connected. After some reading around, I found that it's because wifi and Bluetooth use the same antenna. Does this mean I'm stuck with slow internet or is there some way to fix it?

Seems to be an interference issue. Which bandwith are you using for your Wifi?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

1 hour ago, Jed M said:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2732870/wifi-speed-slow-bluetooth.html

I don't know much about how bluetooth and WiFi interact, but that guys seem to have solved it. You could try his method.

Unfortunately I'm using mobile phone so there's nothing to move (sorry I forgot to mention)

1 hour ago, myselfolli said:

Seems to be an interference issue. Which bandwith are you using for your Wifi?

2.4 GHz

If it is interference, should I download one of those wifi analyzer app and change channels in my AP?

maybe try out a 5GHz wifi network, either that fixes your problems or you're shit outta luck

The problem (I think) is, that your bluetooth and wifi network are broadcasting on the same wavelength (2.4 GHz), which causes interference. Maybe you remember having problems with remote controlled cars when there was a friend with an other car nearby. Same principle applies here.

So is the rest probably

26 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

maybe try out a 5GHz wifi network, either that fixes your problems or you're shit outta luck

The problem (I think) is, that your bluetooth and wifi network are broadcasting on the same wavelength (2.4 GHz), which causes interference. Maybe you remember having problems with remote controlled cars when there was a friend with an other car nearby. Same principle applies here.

Thanks for the suggestion. Fingers crossed it works

Best of luck to you. If this doesn't work then I'm afraid you'll be stuck with the problem

So is the rest probably

On 1/6/2017 at 9:40 PM, myselfolli said:

Best of luck to you. If this doesn't work then I'm afraid you'll be stuck with the problem

If I get I dual band router, would there still be interference because the 2.4 GHz band is still there?

22 hours ago, ruffel said:

If I get I dual band router, would there still be interference because the 2.4 GHz band is still there?

You could disable the 2.4 GHz network

So is the rest probably