6 Fans 1 Case... - Questions

BlakeThePCScrub

My NZXT Noctis has 4 fans, 3 front 1 back, then I have installed a aio cooler with two fans on the top. The fans on the case have been attached to a chip at the back saying "fan 1" (1-8, 4 on each side), are these fine to leave like that?

Then there is the 2 aio cooler fans, do I simply plug them into cpu fan 1 and 2 or the two closest to the pins?

Then there is also the pin coming from the actual cooler on top of the cpu, it has 3 pins? Where does that go if you wouldn't mind telling.... A lot of the parts I purchased are lacking a manual/guide

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

just make sure at least one fan is plugged into the cpu fan header, the rest shouldn't matter where they are plugged in 

You mean where it says CPUFAN1 ?

27 minutes ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

that's the one. you can also (if there is one on the motherboard) plug it into cpu_opt and it will be the same. (if you plugged a fan into each, they will spin at the same rpm, for push/pull air coolers)

1 hour ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

yes

17 minutes ago, lettuce head said:

that's the one. you can also (if there is one on the motherboard) plug it into cpu_opt and it will be the same. (if you plugged a fan into each, they will spin at the same rpm, for push/pull air coolers)

thanks, I plugged both into cpufan 1 and 2.

What about the 3pin female thing connected to the part on top of the cpu?

2 hours ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

thanks, I plugged both into cpufan 1 and 2.

What about the 3pin female thing connected to the part on top of the cpu?

Please be more specific. Or do you mean power for pump? Normally with AIOs, you want to connect pump power to CPU_FAN and connect fans to pump.

And the thing where you case fans are connected now is called fan hub. You can control those fans if you connect it to mobo. But otherwise it just delivers constant power directly from PSU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, BlakeThePCScrub said:

My NZXT Noctis has 4 fans, 3 front 1 back, then I have installed a aio cooler with two fans on the top. The fans on the case have been attached to a chip at the back saying "fan 1" (1-8, 4 on each side), are these fine to leave like that?

Then there is the 2 aio cooler fans, do I simply plug them into cpu fan 1 and 2 or the two closest to the pins?

First things first.... What AIO are you using ? Some have different corrections. Second thing post some pics if you can, makes life easier for all of us.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)