PSTV not working on monitor

Archivic

Hi,

I have a pstv and when I plug it into my monitor (I use a display adaptor [VGA to HDMI]) and it just goes into sleep mode. I've used the adaptor on my laptop and it works. I use an HDMI cable on my TV and hook it up to a TV, it work.

However, it doesn't work when I plug it into, using my adapter, as stated above, it goes to sleep mode. Can anyone help me?

Welcome to the forum.  

So the monitor uses VGA?  Sounds like a handshake issue due to the analog connection to the monitor. There won't be a fix (aside from not using that monitor for the PSTV) if that's the case. And it sounds like you've isolated the cause to the connection type since 1) the PSTV works and 2) the adapter works.  

Is it VGA to HDMI or HDMI to VGA? Those adapters are not a two way street. It only works one way.

I'm inclined to believe you have a VGA to HDMI adapter for your laptop, since laptops still come with VGA ports. I also believe the PSTV has no other sound output capabilities, so you won't be able to get sound out of the thing if you convert the signal

PSTV more than likely requires you to be connected to an HDCP compliant device. As far as I know, analog connections do not allow for the handshake to occur.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I can confirm it's a HDCP handshake issue, I've tried using component and VGA adapters with mine and only a direct HDMI connection works.