any ideas how to fix a mech spacebar that has to be pressed in the center to regester?

ayyyyZJ

so awhile ago i bought a mech keyboard, and there's just one problem. if i use my razer bw chroma, i can press space anywhere on the spacebar and it will register.  on this keyboard, if i press the spacebar on either end, it will only go down on that end, not pressing the switch and not registering. any ideas on how to fix this?

TLDR: mech keyboard switch on spacebar doesnt get pushed down when pushing on the sides of the spacebar. any fixes so its not just the middle i have to press?

5 minutes ago, fiberzs is dad said:

are there stabilizers on either end

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

the stabilizer bar is probably going bad

there is no stabilizer, probably should have mentioned that. 

2 minutes ago, ayyyyZJ said:

there is no stabilizer, probably should have mentioned that. 

yea thats why

YES you could remove it but i would recommend using a keypad puller to not damage anything but you could free hand it

6 minutes ago, fiberzs is dad said:

YES you could remove it but i would recommend using a keypad puller to not damage anything but you could free hand it

Lol I punch my k70 and it still works. I think pulling off a keycap with your hand is fine. It's harder but it's fine.

Just pull straight up

10 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

can you remove the spacebar keycap? check out the switch itself 

8 minutes ago, fiberzs is dad said:

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Image result for razer blackwidow chroma space bar

If you dont have a stabilizer either your keyboard was manufactured wrong or they are broken

the switch itself is fine, but it has some wobble to it. its not missing a stabilizer, it literally just doesnt have one

so theres no dummy switch on either size? or the stabilizer is hidden under the body/PCB? 

15 hours ago, Name Taken said:

I've experienced this problem before with Razer and Ducky keyboards. I ended up RMAing it and the replacement doesn't tilt anymore when pressed on the sides.

got this keyboard a longgg time ago, not sure if i can now.

16 hours ago, Technicolors said:

so theres no dummy switch on either size? or the stabilizer is hidden under the body/PCB? 

the spacebar keycap itsself has the insert for cherry like switches on the right left and middle, and the keyboard itsself has two cherry shaped switches on both ends to "keep" it in place.

9 hours ago, ayyyyZJ said:

the spacebar keycap itsself has the insert for cherry like switches on the right left and middle, and the keyboard itsself has two cherry shaped switches on both ends to "keep" it in place.