Gaming Laptop Suggestions

Hi,

I'm looking for a gaming laptop and after one month of research I'm still torn with many options. So I'm asking for your opinions and suggestions. I'm a casual gamer who doesn't look too much about the performances. So I'm not necessarily looking for the best laptop, just something that will meet my needs. Between, the laptop will be solely for gaming. I decided to treat myself and set a budget of maximum $2300 USA ($3000 CAN). Also, it must be able to deliver in Canada. 

What I looking for:

•  A laptop with the GTX 10xx
  •  Something not too bulky or too heavy. (Each weekend, I will bring it to my boyfriend's house. So I need to be able to walk 30 min with it without breaking my back). 
  •  Comfortable : Not extremely hot or extremely loud. It can be warm or noisy as long as I don't burn my skin, I can hear the sound with headphones and the computer is safe. For the sound, I not quite picky... my mid-2014 Macbook Pro's fans didn't bother me too much at max.
  • A laptop that can play smoothly Witcher 3 at medium-high settings. Right now, it's my most demanding game. However, I will probably play some AAA games in the future.
  • If possible, something not too flashy (neon colors, angular forms, etc.)
  • If possible, something that will not die after 1-2 years.
  • If possible, a good build quality.

Also, I'm not too concerned about:

• Screen size (as long as it's not too heavy or bulky)
  • Macros (I don't use them)
  • Biezels

• Ports (as long as there are 2 USB ports)

• Trackpad

• LEDS (I do like them, but I will not buy a laptop only it's cool)

• Matte/Glossy screen

• Storage (I prefer a lot of storage, but it won't be a deal breaker)

• SSD or HDD

• Speakers (most of the time I play with headphones)

For now, I found HP Omen, Asus Rog with the GTX1060 or GTX1070, Razer Blade 2016, MSI Ghost/Stealth/Apache, Gigabyte Aero 14, other Gigabyte models, Aorus laptops, etc. I still can't decide which one or find any other better options. I still have 2 months before purchasing, if anything better with be released. I don't know much about computers so it's even harder for me to choose and even after watching tons of reviews I'm still deeply lost. Thanks a lot!

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I saw the video a couple months ago. I already have a "production" laptop for work. Like I said, I'm buying a gaming laptop only for gaming. Beside, I finished college.

1 hour ago, mltp said:

For now, I found HP Omen, Asus Rog with the GTX1060 or GTX1070, Razer Blade 2016, MSI Ghost/Stealth/Apache, Gigabyte Aero 14, other Gigabyte models, Aorus laptops, etc.

All of those are shit cept fothe MSI Stealth model. Check the GS63VR, GS73VR, P650RP6/RS, P670RP6/RS. The Clevo models are 1in thick. If that's too bulky, MSI GS series. You currently won't find any laptops on the Clevo websites like LPC because they are all in the process of getting the new Kaby Lake ones. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

Macbook is actually a VERY good laptop. The problem comes when going from Apple to another brand. No its not the OS, Its the customer service. There is a level of customer service you got used to while at apple and you wish to have it when you switch brands. Here is the shocker. No other brands does customer service like Apple.

I would strongly suggest to stay out of HP, In 2010 I was on the phone with hp customer service for the entire morning before they just hung up. They didn't want to honor my warranty because it had 2 days left.

Razer I would suggest the same thing.

MSI I hear mixed reviews, my friends say stay away from it, others say its good

Asus will have the same horrible customer service as HP or Razer

IF you can do extra 3 pound I would suggest getting a Alienware. (yes again a Alienware)

Processor 

Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Dynamically Overclocked up to 4.1GHz 

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64bit English

Display

15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display

GPU

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5

RAM

32GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x16GB)

Hard Drive

1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (has 2 Seta ports so if you want to add PCIe SSD later you could)

Wireless

Killer 1435 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Warranty

1 Year Hardware Service with Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis

Accidental Damage

1 Year Accidental Damage Service (to help you learn with confidence)

$CAD             = 2,738.99

+HST of 13% = 3,095.0587

With tax you are over $100 you could decrease ram to 16gb to get it within $3000 Canadian OR ask for a discount

+ $8 for thermal paste

+1$ for Ontario laptop delivery charge

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/learn/advantage you get 5% back so 2,738.998*0.05 = $136.9495

I would use it to buy another power adapter and leave it at your boyfriends house. (power adapter has weight and takes up space)

Future Proof: later get the External GPU IF you need it. + the PCIe ssd

Advice: make your BF do all the fixing lol /whip OR better yet do it yourself you learn a lot from it.

Ask to have Kaby lake instead of skylake.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/alienware-kaby-lake

it weights 8lb but the laptop is built like a tank, Customer Service Dell got ranked #2, its the closest you will get to Apple. AND if by chance some water gets in within the first year (Canadian winter and stupid sping and fall rain) you will have the warranty to cover it.

with 1080p panel you can play anything with the GTX 1070 at the highest setting.

IF its CAD$ 3000 without tax you might want to upgrade the storage to 256GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

you will be above CAD$38 thus lower ram to 16gb?

2 hours ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

Advice: make your BF do all the fixing lol /whip OR better yet do it yourself you learn a lot from it.

go on NBR and go look at the threads by iunlock. Let me warn you in advance. This is NOT something an inexperienced user should be attempting. Its not a simple repaste. You need to test pressure at every adjustment so it aligns properly and doesn't fuck up the GPU heatsink. You need to know when/where/if to washers and where to bend the heatpipes. Each machine is broken differently so there's no 1 guide to do it all and there's no 1 way to fix it all. It's a fun project for people that like to tinker, but its NOT a simple thing. Like it's really not. A simple repaste won't solve the core differential and bending just the CPU might fuck up the GPU so alot of testing and modding is required. IT IS NOT as easy as the youtube videos on how to repaste it. We are talking about the fix here. @D2ultima if you'd like a word on this?

Laptop Main

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

go on NBR and go look at the threads by iunlock. Let me warn you in advance. This is NOT something an inexperienced user should be attempting. Its not a simple repaste. You need to test pressure at every adjustment so it aligns properly and doesn't fuck up the GPU heatsink. You need to know when/where/if to washers and where to bend the heatpipes. Each machine is broken differently so there's no 1 guide to do it all and there's no 1 way to fix it all. It's a fun project for people that like to tinker, but its NOT a simple thing. Like it's really not. A simple repaste won't solve the core differential and bending just the CPU might fuck up the GPU so alot of testing and modding is required. IT IS NOT as easy as the youtube videos on how to repaste it. We are talking about the fix here. @D2ultima if you'd like a word on this?

I think they fixed the GPU alignment problem.

They are still addressing the TN panel issue BUT I listed the  15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display. The bious 6 had issues they fixed it on BIOS 8 

But like he stated look though the repast on iunlock and these guides (specially the first one i put down) with the combination of iunlocks guide to help you. 

Some guides to help you.

first one

second one

and most important of all 

iUnlockguide (one of them)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-17r4-15r3-disassembly-repaste-guide-results.797373/

Advice use  Grizzly Kyronaut. 

But as for Kaby Lake I would advice you to order around mid February/ March so other people can Iron out the problems for you :)

This applies for any laptop. 

Also you need to repast every 6 months to 1 year anyways on any laptop so learning how to do it early is helpful. I think it is the only problem left besides TN pannel (i knew it those were messed up when they tried to force it on me) Pendragon anything else you might want to add that is not on the video?

4 minutes ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

I think they fixed the GPU alignment problem.

It was caused as a result of the CPU "fix". They haven't even reversed back to the unlocked bios. It's still a locked down piece of shit in the newest revision. The only unlocked bios is still 1.0.2.

6 minutes ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

He needs to bend certain things to get even pressure on both CPU and GPU die. 

Advice use  Grizzly Kyronaut. 

Use this last. Use traditional paste and pressure paper to test for even pressure and when you get a even heatsink on both CPU and GPU, THEN use TG Conductonaut. Kryonaut is so runny and pumps out quickly. Conductonaut is also really runny, but on a even heatsink it's solid. CLU is more widely recommended because it's very stable and doesn't run everywhere. 

Laptop Main

4 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Use this last. Use traditional paste and pressure paper to test for even pressure and when you get a even heatsink on both CPU and GPU, THEN use TG Conductonaut. Kryonaut is so runny and pumps out quickly. Conductonaut is also really runny, but on a even heatsink it's solid. CLU is more widely recommended because it's very stable and doesn't run everywhere. 

But Conductonaut, if not done right can fry the entire motherboard. This is a first time guide. I am advising to stick with Traditional non conductive thermal paste. '

Baby steps, She wants something that will last 2 years. Low overclock (to 4.0 should be fine with kaby lake) while she gets comfortable with the system. later on after 4-8 years (when ever she is thinking of buying a new laptop) she can try Conductonaut on the Alienware then to get better at it.

Alienware is a good computer, by the time she buys hers most things should be fixed (they stated intel locked the bios and i think they did it so they can milk it for kaby lake... YOU KNOW INTEL USES DIRTY TACTICS) so by the time she buys it most problems should be fixed (except the TN panel GIVE ME A 4K G-SYNC DISPLAY 99% adobe color accuracy gogo)

IF you do wish to buy Alienware you should know some simple facts. the 17 weighs 10lb (correct me if i am wrong) is the heaviest 17 inch out there. The build quality is better than 2014 Macbook Pro not better than 2004 Macbook pro (THAT was a tank :) i have one on display, rest in peace 4 drops and 3 liquid spills didn't bring you down, only slowed you down) so the 15 is really well built. Customer service is not in par with apples but better than the rest. Future proof it also tends to be better than the rest with 1 thunderbolt 3 1 usb type c and a port for the external Alienware GPU.

Con: you will have to open it up do some simple repast (think they would have resolved most of the issues by the the time you buy it with kaby lake.  

4 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

He needs to bend certain things to get even pressure on both CPU and GPU die. 

They addressed this and fixed this. 0:37 in breaking news part 3

As far as I know, the fix isn't in yet, and they're still not taking older machines with the problems under warranty.

I *STILL* would not recommend Alienware to anyone. Their practices alone warrant avoidance of the company. They should have never let this pass QC, and never shafted users post-sales. Whether or not their excuse is "following intel's guidelines" doesn't really matter. They have the ability to do as they like. They buy their machines from Compal. This means they requested their designs. It's not that it got confused somewhere on the line. It should have been tested and checked and sorted out LONG before they launched anything and they didn't.

I won't belittle their attempt to fix it now, but in my eyes, I can't see why it had to take so long or take essentially random (if knowledge-able) community members to tell them what is wrong on a basic hardware level with their own machines.

I will admit, however, that if you go through all the trials necessary to properly fix the contact between the CPU and GPU, and you use BIOS 1.02, you will have what is likely the best BGA machine on the market. But that's just it... the best BGA machine. Costing similar prices to the MSI whitebooks like the Tornado F5 variant of the GT62VR with a 6700K instead of a 6700HQ, and the Clevo desktop-CPU-using models like the P775DMx and P870DMx. I would get one of those instead if you want a solid gaming laptop. All three require post-sale work. The Clevo does not require nearly as much work as others if you buy it from HIDevolution and get the desktop CPU delidded in checkout, meaning thermal pad replacement is about all you need. And there is a guide from iunlock for the P775DM3 (which translates into the P750DM2 as they use the same basic heatsink design and same cards) and a picture layout guide from Meaker for the P870DM3. So that's not much trouble at all.

MSIs just essentially require a Svet mod (about 20 euro) and some liquid ultra on the CPU maybe. Delid the desktop CPUs, just use CLU on the BGA CPU models. Otherwise their cooling is just fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll forever stand by this directive: I recommend what's good and I don't recommend what isn't. If a company is terrible but they make good hardware, that gets a recommendation over a better company with much worse hardware. If a company makes bad hardware and then acts terribly about it, then they don't get recommended. The potential doesn't matter; you don't get to be wrong both ways and still get sales. Simple.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I think I will go with the Alienware laptops mostly because they will last longer and the temps/noise. Since I will travel a lot with the laptop, should I buy the 13 inches and buy an amplifier or is the GTX 1060 enough for me? I know I will probably get an amplifier later if I want to keep my laptop for a long time. Will I have problems with the temps/noise with the 13 inches? Or, is the 15 inches really worth it? The only issue I have with the 15 inches is the weight. I game at my house, but I mostly game at my boyfriend's house. Each weekend, I need to walk around 30 min. to get to his house. So, is the 15 inches too much or is it not that heavy? I'm not that frail, but if it's like having a dictionary I will take the 13 inches.

And thank you for your educating advices. I will talk about that with my boyfriend since he knows computer better than me. 

Just now, mltp said:

I think I will go with the Alienware laptops mostly because they will last longer and the temps/noise. Since I will travel a lot with the laptop, should I buy the 13 inches and buy an amplifier or is the GTX 1060 enough for me? I know I will probably get an amplifier later if I want to keep my laptop for a long time. Will I have problems with the temps/noise with the 13 inches? Or, is the 15 inches really worth it? The only issue I have with the 15 inches is the weight. I game at my house, but I mostly game at my boyfriend's house. Each weekend, I need to walk around 30 min. to get to his house. So, is the 15 inches too much or is it not that heavy? I'm not that frail, but if it's like having a dictionary I will take the 13 inches.

And thank you for your educating advices. I will talk about that with my boyfriend since he knows computer better than me. 

I am still trying to get my Alienware 17 so I cannot comment on 13 or 15 

But If its weight 

Alienware 13 is 5.8lb + 7.7lb for external GPU 13.5lb

Alienware 15 is 7.69 lb (1.89lb more than 13) + later (much later 7.7lb)

Don't quote me on this but 1060 should be enough for 1080p gaming. I suggested Alinware 15 because of the i7 6820hk and the 1070 GPU (because it fits within your budget.) Also to lower the weight go with the 68wh battery not the 99 one

time: 0:43

Advice: Is there a bestbuy? they might have one on display, you could go check it out yourself. See if it feels too heavy or not.

7 hours ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

I am still trying to get my Alienware 17 so I cannot comment on 13 or 15 

But If its weight 

Alienware 13 is 5.8lb + 7.7lb for external GPU 13.5lb

Alienware 15 is 7.69 lb (1.89lb more than 13) + later (much later 7.7lb)

Don't quote me on this but 1060 should be enough for 1080p gaming. I suggested Alinware 15 because of the i7 6820hk and the 1070 GPU (because it fits within your budget.) Also to lower the weight go with the 68wh battery not the 99 one

time: 0:43

Advice: Is there a bestbuy? they might have one on display, you could go check it out yourself. See if it feels too heavy or not.

If you're so dead set on buying a laptop that will, in fact, fail to impress anyone with half a brain, then by all means continue with this line of thought and go buy your Alienware. :P I'm in awe of the stubbornness of people even in the face of proof and factual information. The whole heatsink pressure issue is NOT native to the latest laptop line, it dates as far back as the initial Alienware models from when Dell took over. I'm only stating facts here; my old M17x R2 had CPU thermal issues out the ass and it was never resolved. Same with the M17x R3 that I still possess. Spent $2000 on it and it's now a glorified paperweight. :/

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

1 hour ago, Imglidinhere said:

If you're so dead set on buying a laptop that will, in fact, fail to impress anyone with half a brain, then by all means continue with this line of thought and go buy your Alienware. :P I'm in awe of the stubbornness of people even in the face of proof and factual information. The whole heatsink pressure issue is NOT native to the latest laptop line, it dates as far back as the initial Alienware models from when Dell took over. I'm only stating facts here; my old M17x R2 had CPU thermal issues out the ass and it was never resolved. Same with the M17x R3 that I still possess. Spent $2000 on it and it's now a glorified paperweight. :/

So what should I buy? Clevo/Sager laptops are too heavy and bulky for me. Alienware is my limits in terms of weight. Maybe I should reword my first post as: What is the best PORTABLE (light and slim) gaming laptop I can get for max $2300 USA? Or what is the best gaming laptop I can get within the weight range of 0lbs to 6-7lbs and for max $2300 USA. I know bigger laptops are generally better for temps, buy I need something portable. I'm willing to trade off perfomances and thermal management for portability. 

I suggest Alienware, but wait a month or 2 to get it to see If there is any problems with Kaby Lake. Imglidinhere first

1) Alienware Dell is addressing the problems as stated by iUnlock

2) Alienware Dell has Accidental damage warranty

3) Alienware external GPU (i personally think) is the best in the market.Its a cheaper future proof than Clevo or Sager. 

Warranty Durability and spec for $$ i would suggest Alienware.

But NA_NotAvailable you don't have one?

My budget is double that of hers and the only reason I haven't gotten mine yet is because I am still fighting with Alienware dell over some minor issues (i want what i want). So if its just paper weight then i am literally dumping about $USD 5,000 down the trash.

It is not paper weight Pendragon has one. He did state there are some issues with it and by iunlocks video it seems that Alienware Dell has resolved most of the issues. 

mltp I really do think Alienware 15 is the best option BUT it needs some work. If you are willing to put that work in then its a great laptop. (think its only re-pasting) Pendragon tinkered with his before the fixes. and probably still is tinkering with it. 

BUT wait for the 7820hk (intel is messing with the bios) +1 month to 2 month.

2 minutes ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

It is not paper weight Pendragon has one.

LOL I am not a good benchmark user. I bought this one on sale cause for shits. Got it on black friday with a ebates + discount on top of discount + penny pinched dell as a business user + i had a couple hundred bucks on my dell promo card (from buying business equipment) that I needed to get rid of and it came to 1300 usd for a 1080p + 6820hk + 1070. I would never buy this retail. At that kind of price, you could literally buy a broken machine and it would be worth it to fix it. And I haven't touched mine yet. I'm overseas at the moment. Can't tell you how it is. It's a 1000 dollar toy for me. I bought it TO FIX it, to fuck around with. I have a daily driver that I use and the AW will never replace it.

Also one of the main reasons I got it was to play around with it's eGPU solution. The AW solution is far more interesting than TB3 and better. 

1) Alienware Dell is addressing the problems as stated by iUnlock

Those are weeks old. The GPU issues arising from fixed CPU pads arose from this. 

I have no issues with you recommending it. It has the longest battery life of any gaming laptop I know and for users that need battery life and performance it's one of the few options. It's just that there is ALOT of work to go into it :D and I like that. I love to tinker. But for the average user, unless they want to tinker, it's going to be a nightmare.

11 minutes ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

If you are willing to put that work in then its a great laptop. (think its only re-pasting) Pendragon tinkered with his before the fixes. and probably still is tinkering with it. 

I have not touched mine yet LOL. I haven't even seen it. It's sitting my mail collecting dust until next week when I fly back. 

Laptop Main

Well, I don't believe in the existence of a perfect gaming laptop in the market. They all have pros and cons and possible ameliorations. I don't mind having to tinker a bit. If you say that Alienware is the best gaming laptop for my needs (don't have to be the best laptop in the world. Just a laptop that meets my needs) then I will buy it (:

Or if you suggest Sager/Clevo, any small models? The ones I saw were big and bulky. If there is something similar to the size and weight of the Alienware 15" or 13" or smaller I will buy it since many people recommend these brands. 

My sister bought an MSI laptop and while it looks large, it doesn't feel like it weights a significant amount that you'd notice it during a 30 minutes walk to your boyfriend. She had to get rid of the bloatware but other than that, she's very happy with it. It has a GTX 1060 I believe and a good CPU. The noise is inexistant and same for thermals.

NA_NotAvailable is the typical portrait of a fanboy, take what he says with a grain of salt. I'm not saying he's not having good arguments for AW, but don't ignore the other opinions either. MSI is much more affordable anyway. For example, this is the kind of prices you can expect with little to no hardware tinkering required.

P.S. Kaby Lake doesn't offer significant features that aren't on Skylake. The only difference is the overclocking headroom differencial for the price tag of either. Doesn't make a lick of a difference for gaming.

Just now, Jean-Nicholas said:

NA_NotAvailable is the typical portrait of a fanboy, take what he says with a grain of salt. I'm not saying he's not having good arguments for AW, but don't ignore the other opinions either. MSI is much more affordable anyway. For example, this is the kind of prices you can expect with little to no hardware tinkering required.

Please don't start labeling everyone as a fanboy just because you can.

I was looking for a laptop for a very long time now because my current one needs to be replaced.

My first option was a Origin PC there EON 15/17 or Maingears (i love there desktop Maingears. IF i was a fanboy i would say get Maingear there desktop rigs are sick) but they really REALLY disappointed me when it came to laptops. To me they feel like a re-branded MSI or something you can build yourself. (sager Clevo falls into this category)  I really had high hopes for these brands in 2016 CES, I hoped they would make something like the Razer Core or a Alienware external GPU with SLI, Really push what you expect from a laptop, but like the usual trend they kept to there comfort zone. If one comes out with Duel 1080's expect the rest to follow soon after.4-1400x934.jpg i want that. Spray paint Esport off it, but god does that look sexy. I am a fanboy for that. People can say build your own PC but no, I want that.

When I was looking for a laptop I looked at reviews (thus i scraped Razer) I am posting laptopmags best and worst brands because it put everything in a graph and everyone loves graphs.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings

best-worst_ltp_brands_2016_full-scorecar

Now in terms of customer service Dell Lenovo and Asus is tied (not too found of asus/HP but lets scrap that) lets look at consistency 

Best-Worst_LTP_Brands_2016_time-chart.jp

You want something that is consistent and starting 2013 you would notice that Dell rating has started to improve so purely based on data They are listenting to there customers unlike Asus who is jumping all over the place, HP who is in a downward spiral and as for Lenovo... They looked great till 2014 and then I do not know what happened to them. Apple to no ones surprise is #1 (as someone who used a Apple laptop... you can say a lot of things about there hardware but they like like a toyota they just work amazingly well. There Operating system is soooo easy to use. IF all my games ran on a mac I wouldn't buy a windows PC i would demand they put a iOS on my PC. You can call them and say I don't know who to turn on my computer and they are duty bound to help you lol. There sales rep asks you if you know how to use your product and they do help you learn.)

Third MSI and Alienware are both competing for the same thing, I do trust the options of my friends that is why i scraped MSI from MY purchase (+ I find it really hard to find what i am looking for on there website, its like they are forcing me to buy from someone else and not directly), but they do seem as appealing just like Alienware. (you can upgrade there mobile GPU unlike Alienware who opted for dektop but its still very good. They have seperate heatsinks for there CPU and GPU) I am really unsure about MSI friends say its bad report doesn't have enough on them and some people say they are good, There prices are competitive, EXTREMELY competitive to Alienwares for the same exact specs, not lower than Alienwares. They are a wild card to me.

This is a forum everyone is here to share ideas after Pendragon shared his opinion I am thinking to stress test mine right after i receive it and yes I am a little unsure about it. Don't attack other people, ATTACK Luke from the linustechtips. He said you could hurt him. What I am suggesting is from my year of searching and waiting because I knew that in 2016 Pascal will come out and soon Laptops containing Pascal GPU's. Even though this I am still learning. 

Alienware is a good computer BUT you have to stress test it. iUnlock stated that Alienware Dell is working on it but there are monkeys in the factory that don't do everything properly. I am seriously hoping that Alienware will create a testing lap where they test and sign that everything is correct on every single of there products. Something like Origin PC, Maingear, Clevo, Sager etc. So a engineer can be held accountable if something isn't working properly VS a blind nobody.

Just now, Jean-Nicholas said:

P.S. Kaby Lake doesn't offer significant features that aren't on Skylake. The only difference is the overclocking headroom differencial for the price tag of either. Doesn't make a lick of a difference for gaming.

As for this, you are spending $CAD 3,000, even if it doesn't make a difference would you want o settle of last years CPU? Unless they give you a huge discount. (not $10 off) I would go for kaby lake.

If buying a car would you settle for a 2016 model or a 2017? price is the same, There is nothing different about either or the model expect 2017 has 10 more horsepower and has a higher top speed (remember there are speed limits on the road) and than the 2016. which one would you go for?

remember intel is a dick they lock things up JUST so you have to buy there newer products.

I do expect a apology from you Jean-Nicholas.

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/77054/article/maingear-partners-with-coca-cola-to-create-a-custom-pc/

More pics of the Maingear PC :( they had a lottery for it and I didn't understand the rule so someone VERY lucky got it. I drooled over that. I don't care what you say. ITS COOLED BY COCA-COLA not Pepsi. Can you deny not wanting it?

3 hours ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

When I was looking for a laptop I looked at reviews (thus i scraped Razer) I am posting laptopmags best and worst brands because it put everything in a graph and everyone loves graphs.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings

best-worst_ltp_brands_2016_full-scorecar

I didn't even read the rest of your post. This... this thing. This thing in itself. Is the most wrong thing I've ever seen in my life.

The fact that this is what you used to determine anything is... just... I can't even fathom anything anymore, I'm too tired.

This entire listing is a farce. It should be disregarded as well as laptopmag overall. Anybody that rates ASUS and HP as 4/5 warranty service and says Apple has top notch innovation and design, or that anybody but Apple's and MSI's software is worth a flying meowcheese needs to stop talking about laptops.

I'm also rather annoyed there is no Clevo on the list. There are mainstream notebooks from them, especially nice mobile workstations like the N350DV.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just now, D2ultima said:

I didn't even read the rest of your post. This... this thing. This thing in itself. Is the most wrong thing I've ever seen in my life.

The fact that this is what you used to determine anything is... just... I can't even fathom anything anymore, I'm too tired.

This entire listing is a farce. It should be disregarded as well as laptopmag overall. Anybody that rates ASUS and HP as 4/5 warranty service and says Apple has top notch innovation and design, or that anybody but Apple's and MSI's software is worth a flying meowcheese needs to stop talking about laptops.

I'm also rather annoyed there is no Clevo on the list. There are mainstream notebooks from them, especially nice mobile workstations like the N350DV.

Reasoning behind Asus

Asus is the only company that offers accidental damage protection as part of its standard one-year warranty, but this protection only comes with high-end systems such as those in the ROG (Republic of Gamers) laptop line. Asus will also pay for return shipping on its more expensive products, but if you need to send in a cheaper notebook, you'll have to pay those costs out of pocket. Unfortunately, unlike most other vendors, Asus says that upgrading your RAM or storage drive voids your warranty

HP

HP also pays for the shipping when you send in a laptop to be serviced. The company blankets all of its systems with a standard one-year limited warranty that isn't voided when you upgrade your RAM or hard drive.

Apple

In 2015, Apple released its most innovative notebook in a long time: the 12-inch MacBook, plainly dubbed "MacBook." This 2-pound laptop uses contoured battery cells to provide more than 8 hours of endurance, a unique butterfly keyboard mechanism that provides good feedback for otherwise shallow keys, a sensitive Force Touch trackpad and a USB Type-C power port, all of which are innovations. The company also updated its OS X operating system, adding a host of new features, including natural language search, a split-screen view and a new graphics API

I would rather have the magsafe over USB tybe-c charging but the Force touch is really nice, of of the best trackpads i used on any laptop. and the OSX is one of the reasons to get a Mac or a Hackintosh. But i do agree with with Asus and HP seems off. You do have to take that with a grain of salt. I am looking for a site that does a consumer index like they do for cars. Where people who bought and used the product for a year gets to review it. 

1 hour ago, NA_NotAvailable said:

Reasoning behind Asus

Asus is the only company that offers accidental damage protection as part of its standard one-year warranty, but this protection only comes with high-end systems such as those in the ROG (Republic of Gamers) laptop line. Asus will also pay for return shipping on its more expensive products, but if you need to send in a cheaper notebook, you'll have to pay those costs out of pocket. Unfortunately, unlike most other vendors, Asus says that upgrading your RAM or storage drive voids your warranty

HP

HP also pays for the shipping when you send in a laptop to be serviced. The company blankets all of its systems with a standard one-year limited warranty that isn't voided when you upgrade your RAM or hard drive.

Apple

In 2015, Apple released its most innovative notebook in a long time: the 12-inch MacBook, plainly dubbed "MacBook." This 2-pound laptop uses contoured battery cells to provide more than 8 hours of endurance, a unique butterfly keyboard mechanism that provides good feedback for otherwise shallow keys, a sensitive Force Touch trackpad and a USB Type-C power port, all of which are innovations. The company also updated its OS X operating system, adding a host of new features, including natural language search, a split-screen view and a new graphics API

I would rather have the magsafe over USB tybe-c charging but the Force touch is really nice, of of the best trackpads i used on any laptop. and the OSX is one of the reasons to get a Mac or a Hackintosh. But i do agree with with Asus and HP seems off. You do have to take that with a grain of salt. I am looking for a site that does a consumer index like they do for cars. Where people who bought and used the product for a year gets to review it. 

I could swear I was reading an LTT review of some sort...

all things considered, you're almost at fanboy levels... because Alienware is owned by DELL which produces other laptops than just those.