No response to power up

Arclight

My system

Windows 10 (recent install inside a month)

FX-8320 (1 1/2 years)

Gigabyte 970A Motherboard (5-6 years old)

R9 280X

Ripjaws X RAM (2x4GB) (2 1/2 years old)

Rosewill ARC 650W PSU (1 1/2 years old)

I put my computer to sleep the night before this happened. Went to turn it on in the morning and nothing. I have since tested a few things.I have tested the power supply and it powers up the fans and disk drive. I have confirmed the power button is connected to the board properly, and I have tried shorting it out on the board to get it to turn on. I am not sure if there are any other steps to follow. I have read about it potentially being the CMOS battery. Any advice would be helpful.

I will update this as I try new things.

My best guess is that something happened to your motherboard. If you can, test each part individually in a friend's computer or something until you find the problem. If not, probably just try buying a new motherboard, but be ready to return it if that isn't the problem.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

• 2 weeks later...

Unplug the CPU power pub and try again.

I doubt it's a failed power pin. I've never seen that happen. They all come off rails, so it's more than like a systemic power issue if any.  unplug the CPU power. If nothing happens, get a new PSU.