BF1 Directx crash

MrAlbertrocks

It started this week, every day, each time i launch BF1 for the first time OF THE DAY, i play for about 10-20 minutes and it crashes. The message says it was a directx error. I don't know what the hell is causing it, and it is really weird since it only happens once a day. After i reboot the game, it never crashes again in the same day.

Are you playing in DX12 mode? I don't play BF1 but I've heard DX11 is much more stable.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

4 hours ago, RyanMacRocks said:

Are you playing in DX12 mode? I don't play BF1 but I've heard DX11 is much more stable.

No, i play in DX11 mode. Origin however for some reason runs in a Windows compatibility mode. I've tried everything, i can't get it to run normally. But i doubt that's the problem since Origin has been running on that mode for half a year, and the crashes started this week.

15 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

No, i play in DX11 mode. Origin however for some reason runs in a Windows compatibility mode. I've tried everything, i can't get it to run normally. But i doubt that's the problem since Origin has been running on that mode for half a year, and the crashes started this week.

I'm not really sure then, maybe one of your system components is unstable (power supply or graphics card probably). Have you been overclocking?

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

32 minutes ago, RyanMacRocks said:

I'm not really sure then, maybe one of your system components is unstable (power supply or graphics card probably). Have you been overclocking?

Actually, i overclocked my GPU, and just the day after, the crashes started happening. Now, a simple culprit would be the overclock, but i've stress my system AFTER the overclock with heaven benchmark, 3dmark, Witcher 3, Batman arkham knight and League of Legends. All the way from 20% usage to 100% gpu usage. I didn't experience anything weird. While playing BF1, i don't see any artifact, which leads me to believe it's the Memory overclock that's causing the problem. I turned it down from +500mhz to 400mhz, and the problems were still there.