High ram usage.

Popi
Go to solution Solved by pcshme33,

You have a memory leak it looks like. Check to see what is using all of it.

Hello,

Can anyone help me please, for unknown reason my pc's RAM usage is very high near 90% 7GB-7.4GB/8GB is used while playing some games.

For an example I just had running Skype, Chrome with 2 tabs, GTA V, Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 and my ram usages was 80-90%, about 6.5GB was used of 8GB RAM.

From processes window GTA5.exe is not using more than 700MB-1500MB.

What shall I do? Playing is unbearable. 

pic.png

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What processes is using the ram?

5 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

From task manager GTA V(mostly), Bitdefender(about 180mb) and system processes use little to nothing if you compare to those.. Only "Service Host: Local System uses 83.7MB at the moment.. 

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

At the moment I've closed GTA V, running msi afterburner, cpu-z, gpu-z, realtemp, hwmonitor, steam and some chrome tabs.. and memory usage is 4.3/7.9GB. ~56%.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

ram.png

Spoiler

ram2.png

That doesn't seem to out of the ordinary IMO. Skype + chrome = RAM feast, running antivirus while RAM feast = larger RAM feast, and playing a game while doing that is just really hard on RAM. I sometimes use that config, and my RAM also just dies, on overwatch without the bitdefender. Trust me, that looks about normal, my PC does that every time I play overwatch and watch videos at the same time. And since GTA is more intensive than overwatch, that's not too surprising to me.

1 minute ago, adithyay328 said:

That doesn't seem to out of the ordinary IMO. Skype + chrome = RAM feast, running antivirus while RAM feast = larger RAM feast, and playing a game while doing that is just really hard on RAM. I sometimes use that config, and my RAM also just dies, on overwatch without the bitdefender. Trust me, that looks about normal, my PC does that every time I play overwatch and watch videos at the same time. And since GTA is more intensive than overwatch, that's not too surprising to me.

This is second time I've countered this kind of ram usages on win 10. (I have clean OS install atm.)

Couple hours ago had no problem, also with last install I had no issue at all with ram usage for couple of weeks..

Just played Arma 3, Witcher 3 some time ago and I had no problem..

1 minute ago, Popi said:

This is second time I've countered this kind of ram usages on win 10. (I have clean OS install atm.)

Couple hours ago had no problem, also with last install I had no issue at all with ram usage for couple of weeks..

Just played Arma 3, Witcher 3 some time ago and I had no problem..

Oh, so this is a new issue. Ok, that's why; I wouldn't complain without it changing. So, I would look at skype and chrome, since like I said, they really are intensive. Also, for GTA, I'm pretty convinced that that is really the usage of GTA, which seems pretty normal. Again, eye skype and chrome, they hog mem like no one's business. 

1 minute ago, adithyay328 said:

Oh, so this is a new issue. Ok, that's why; I wouldn't complain without it changing. So, I would look at skype and chrome, since like I said, they really are intensive. Also, for GTA, I'm pretty convinced that that is really the usage of GTA, which seems pretty normal. Again, eye skype and chrome, they hog mem like no one's business. 

I've used chrome(about 20 tabs opened), skype previously with games like witcher 3, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Arma 3 no problemo. I know that skype uses memory instensively. But I do not think it's skype or chrome..

1 minute ago, Popi said:

I've used chrome(about 20 tabs opened), skype previously with games like witcher 3, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Arma 3 no problemo. I know that skype uses memory instensively. But I do not think it's skype or chrome..

Damn dude, 20 tabs? My computer lags out at like 10 lol. So, go check if there are any tasks that were started by another program(skype, chrome) and close them. I had this issue, chrome after closing left like 20 tasks going, had to manually close them. That might just be the issue, but I'm not sure yet, of course.

10 minutes ago, adithyay328 said:

Damn dude, 20 tabs? My computer lags out at like 10 lol. So, go check if there are any tasks that were started by another program(skype, chrome) and close them. I had this issue, chrome after closing left like 20 tasks going, had to manually close them. That might just be the issue, but I'm not sure yet, of course.

No there are no tasks.. I could open 100 tabs in chrome and play Arma 3 and stuff no problemo, fall out 4 etc..

18 hours ago, Popi said:

No there are no tasks.. I could open 100 tabs in chrome and play Arma 3 and stuff no problemo, fall out 4 etc..

Well then sorry, I can't help without experience pertaining to that exact problem.