Advice needed on potential "gaming" pc

Hi, I am thinking of building a cheap used gaming pc, and I was wondering if the motherboard and cpu I have found are suitable. I would pair a used Rampage 2 Extreme (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-RAMPAGE-II-EXTREME-SOCKET-1366-MOTHERBOARD-/272503281786?hash=item3f7276187a:g:st0AAOSwA3dYZji5) with a xeon x5687 (quad core with 8 threads, stock clock speed of 3.6GHZ, turbos up to 3.9GHZ. Would these parts be compatible and able to play modern titles at high in 1080p when paired with a budget graphics card? I heard the rampage 2 has good xeon compatibility, so would these two parts be compatible and how easy, if possible, would overclocking be?

xeon isnt really designed for gaming.

1 minute ago, Xreldo said:

But it can do so quite well.

@LukeG221 That CPU would actually be quite good for a budget used gaming rig. I'm not sure on how well it'd overclock though... A nice graphics card to pair it with btw would be something like the HD 7970 if looking used or the RX 470 if buying new.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

31 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

not designed for gaming =/= cannot game/ bad at gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W