Need a new PSU (Recommendations)

PeggersXtreme
Go to solution Solved by Starelementpoke,
3 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Hi,

My AX860i has gone faulty I am going to RMA it but it will take a while to get it sorted I need my PC so am going to buy a new one and then when the RMA comes back sell it on probably I don't want another corsair PSU as two have gone faulty on me this year so any recommendations would be great I want modular with decent cables not ketchup and mustard if you get what I mean :D. It needs to be enough power for my 5960X, GTX 1080 and 32gb ram I have one mechanical hdd and 2 ssd thats about it I don't have any of my parts overclocked.

Thanks

A G2 or something from Seasonic.

1 minute ago, Kingk22 said:

That sounds weird, was it the same issue with the AX750?

Yeah same issue just randomly went off on it's own I tried it on my dads PC as well and same issue just random shut downs so that ruled out all the other parts

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I've never heard of that before, when you RMA'd it, did Corsair tell you what was wrong?

Nope it was 5 years old so I guess they just assumed it had failed but thanks to corsairs 7 year warranty and good customer service it was sorted but now i got to do it again the only thing I lost was my individually sleeved cable kit as I lost the original cables when I moved house so had to return it with my individually sleeved corsair cable kit 

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

2 minutes ago, Kingk22 said:

I thought it was only a 3 or 4 year warranty but you're right, I have to say though, the zero RPM fan mode thing is great, this being my first PC i didn't notice it at first because I had nothing to compare it to, but after being around other PC's it's a really noticeable difference when the PC is idle.

yeah it's why I when with the P2 EVGA as my replacement the G2 doesn't have the no spin fan feature but im pretty sure the P2 does :D

If corsair RMA's my PSU I will probably stick with the EVGA I hope they do RMA it still even though I've ordered a new psu

Custom PC:

Just now, Kingk22 said:

I was originally going to get an EVGA PSU but the only one in stock under 1000W was the 700B (700W Bronze) so i just got a Corsair PSU.

yeah you should be ok with the corsair they have a good return policy if anything goes wrong I just can't afford another corsair right now and waiting for the RMA isn't an option as I need my PC so I will RMA it and when I get it back sell it as I don't need any of the features of the i anyway I just need something that works xD

Custom PC:

I'm also kinda biased towards Corsair (have a look at my PC in my signature xD). I just really like Corsair products... well everything except the old tramp stamp logo.

Lol they are good except I don't find their cases to be great I've had a lot of corsair cases the best one I have worked on is the 330r it feels super solid and I like the whole quiet thing about it. I currently have the 780t it's an ok case but the middle latch for the side panel was a stupid design flaw my rear side panel pivots on the middle latch due to cables in the back and it's a litte too big and the Air 540 was alright but the hdd sleds are too stiff mine broke just trying to get them out and I didn't even put much force on them as I was worried they'd break their keyboards however are really good other than the backlighting compared to some is dull I think they are pretty good I think the strafe beats the k70 when it comes to lighting but the non-braided cable puts me off that keyboard at £120 I would expect a braided cable

Custom PC:

6 minutes ago, Kingk22 said:

I went for the K70 over the Strafe almost solely because of the font and the material, I hate the "gamery" font on the Strafe and metal > plastic. I wish I would've waited for the LUX because I was on the fence because of the USB passthrough on the Strafe, oh well. Also, I got the M65 RGB a few weeks before the M65 Pro came out.

I have both the M65 and M65 Pro RGB versions not a lot of difference if i'm honest I never noticed the laser acceleration everyone goes on about on my old m65 although I tried a friends Razer Death Adder Chroma and now I want one lol feels so nice and the back and forward buttons on the side are slightly better positioned

Custom PC:

14 hours ago, Kingk22 said:

I have nothing to compare the standard m65 rgb to in terms of the sensor but I really needed that 12k DPI /s. Does anyone actually use it, I use 2600 DPI most of the time. I tried the Death Adder when I was picking up my PC parts and it just felt way too light for me, felt like an empty shell, although this is probably because I've gotten used to the m65 which is a fairly heavy mouse.

I never use the top DPI on the M65 mine is like on the middle preset not 100% dure what dpi that is but I think it's somewhere around 4000. The deathadder is light because it was built for competetive games like CS:GO and it is easier to flick shot with that mouse because of the weight and shape the corsair one is a nice weight I tend to leave all the weights in tbh haven't tried it without the weight in the bottom. I have my issues with Razer stuff however they are like Apple when it comes to pricing a little high for what you get but when on sale their stuff is worth it imo. The only thing that has conserned me about my m65 is I have read it has a high click delay

Custom PC:

16 hours ago, Kingk22 said:

I have nothing to compare the standard m65 rgb to in terms of the sensor but I really needed that 12k DPI /s. Does anyone actually use it, I use 2600 DPI most of the time. I tried the Death Adder when I was picking up my PC parts and it just felt way too light for me, felt like an empty shell, although this is probably because I've gotten used to the m65 which is a fairly heavy mouse.

I just looked at my ticket for the AX750 the issue was slightly different with that one. The USB devices kept disconnecting they said it was a faulty 5v rail or something

Custom PC: