I built this PC as my first PC ever for gaming. I'm 18 and I got my first job at my local Hungry Howies Pizza place this summer, and I was saving like crazy for Black Friday to get this PC. Hence the name, the Humble Howie PC. It isn't much, but it's a lot for me. I paid like $900 for everything, and I don't remember exact prices, but the PCPartPicker prices aren't correct as to what I paid for.

CPU

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core

MOTHERBOARD

Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151

MEMORY

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133

STORAGE

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Micron M.2 M600 256GB SSD

VIDEO CARD

Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini

CASE

Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower

POWER SUPPLY

Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX

WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER

Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac

MONITOR

HP 22cwa 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz

KEYBOARD

Thermaltake POSEIDON Z RGB Wired Gaming

MOUSE

Logitech G502 Wired Optical

HEADPHONES

Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger

I chose the i5-6500 because I personally find overclocking a hassle and pointless, and it's the bare minimum for gaming nowadays imo. Since making my PCPartPicker post I have bought a cryorig H7, but that's not included in pics because im too lazy :P. It also hasn't really done much for me. :( I originally bought it a few days ago because I heard lots of fan noise in my PC and it felt really hot, but once I installed the cooler, I learned that the really loud fan noises were from my tiny GPU.

This motherboard was the best cheapest motherboard I could find that had an M.2. Slot, so I bought it. :P

I could've saved a little bit of money on the RAM by buying 8gb, but I figured that I should splurge the small extra amount of money for 16 gigs for future proofing and I thought it would be nice.

I already had this hard-drive, so I put it in this PC for a secondary storage drive. The SSD I got from Microcenter's online store for like $44 bucks, it was insane. It's pretty zippy and really cheap for a 256gb SSD, let alone an M.2 SSD.

The 1060 6gb mini was only $225 dollars on Amazon at the time, so I snatched that crap up real fast, as it was the cheapest 1060 6gb I could find. I figured that 6gb was better than 3gb because games are starting to utilize more V-Ram and I didn't wanna be bottlenecked a year after I built my PC.

This power supply is really nice imo. No ketchup and mustard cables, they're all black, and the nonmodular cables in it are sleeved (kinda?).

This network card is amazing. It gives me better speeds than my old terrible computer gave me through ethernet haha.

I know I probably could've saved some money on the monitor, but I wanted a 1080p HDMI monitor with an IPS panel that was 21.5 in because of how small my desk is (see pics).

As for the peripherals, I got the keyboard because I really wanted blue switches and RGB, and this was the cheapest I could find, and I love it <3. The Mouse was only $40 plus tax because of the deals going on, so I grabbed it. The Stinger was only $30 bucks on amazon, which is amazing for such a good headset.

My first time building a PC was honestly super easy. I didn't ground myself or anything or wear anti-static garbage, and my PC is fine. I also built on a carpet floor, with nothing happening. Cable management was a little bit of a challenge, and I would say that was the only hard part. Everything else was straight forward. Oh yeah, and the stupid case plugins sucked ***. plugging in the power button lights, and 1 pin connectors were annoying AF and I'm honestly still not sure they're in correctly lmao. Also, I freaked out when I first tried to post, because I forgot one of the plugs into the motherboard from the power supply, and I thought I got dead parts :( but I plugged it in and it all turned out great!!! :D

On a side note, I think I might need to buy a storage unit for these giant ******* boxes lmao.

(PCPartPicker link: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/69qkcf)

20161201_224118.jpg

20161201_233036.jpg

20161201_233346.jpg

20161201_233412.jpg

20161201_233611.jpg

20161202_000253.jpg

Prepare to be deafened by that 1060 mini xD

How'd you like the 88R?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Nice! This is a great build, and your setup looks awesome too. It isn't as 'humble' as I expected (Core i3 6100, GTX 1050), but that's for the best.

You can always flatten the boxes to store them. Cardboard boxes are easily disassembled and flattened, and can be reassembled at a moment's notice.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

How'd you like the 88R?

Yeah the 1060 mini is pretty loud and hot, and kinda irritatingly leaks through my sound and mic. The 88r is fine. The few things I could nitpick, is there is no cable routing above the motherboard to fit the one 4 pin connector, the window is a little too dark for my taste and scratched the second i toweled it off, the fan that comes with it is a gentle breeze, and my power supply doesn't really fit all that well, but it doesn't really bother me. Otherwise, the case is nice, has good cable management that I can shove behind and close the back, and a window. It also fits perfectly on my desk.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Nice! This is a great build, and your setup looks awesome too. It isn't as 'humble' as I expected (Core i3 6100, GTX 1050), but that's for the best.

You can always flatten the boxes to store them. Cardboard boxes are easily disassembled and flattened, and can be reassembled at a moment's notice.

True. I actually just pretty much copy pasted the description of my pcpartpicker post, but i have since recycled the cardboard boxes, and put my part boxes into the case box and put it in the attic.

1 minute ago, DaveTheBeast023 said:

Yeah the 1060 mini is pretty loud and hot, and kinda irritatingly leaks through my sound and mic. The 88r is fine. The few things I could nitpick, is there is no cable routing above the motherboard to fit the one 4 pin connector, the window is a little too dark for my taste and scratched the second i toweled it off, the fan that comes with it is a gentle breeze, and my power supply doesn't really fit all that well, but it doesn't really bother me. Otherwise, the case is nice, has good cable management that I can shove behind and close the back, and a window. It also fits perfectly on my desk.

Thanks for the input :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

5 minutes ago, DaveTheBeast023 said:

Yeah the 1060 mini is pretty loud and hot, and kinda irritatingly leaks through my sound and mic.

You could always underclock and undervolt the card. If you're playing at 1080p 60fps, an underclocked 1060 will still meet that pretty well.

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Thanks for the input :)

np :P If you have any more questions feel free to message me.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

You could always underclock and undervolt the card. If you're playing at 1080p 60fps, an underclocked 1060 will still meet that pretty well.

Eh, it's not that bad. I don't mind it. Most of the time, I can't hear it. My friends can sometimes hear a little fan noise, but not much, and not often. My biggest problem is that my headset leaks sound like a motherf***er for some reason, and my friends always hear immense echo.