Redoing the whole OS : Redownload my whole library ?

TheRisingMyth
Go to solution Solved by DaftBehemoth,

All you have to do is put the games in the locations where Steam/ Origin would normally put them and they'll find and add them to your library for you. You may at least have to start the downloads first, but both programs will check for local files before downloading. Just backup your documents for game saves. :)

Hi, lovely LTT peeps which seem for the most part very helpful at tackling my topics, so far it has been great.

Now here's the thing, i'm reinstalling the whole OS, i'm gonna backup my files, keep my product licences for future activations, have a record the programs i have installed...etc etc now one thing that worries me to hell is games, not the discs ones (i still own a bunch of them) but my digital copies.

I'm afraid of reinstalling and having to redownload my whole Origin and Steam game library, which already took AGES to complete last time i did it due to my poor Internet Connection (and yes, we still have those at France) which pings well but lacks the speed.

So, how can i make sure that Origin and Steam just... look up my folders and make me be able to play them instantly ? Now i now there's some weird thing that you can do for Steam, but not sure if it's doable for Origin.

Thanks in advance, and have a great day.  ^_^

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

All you have to do is put the games in the locations where Steam/ Origin would normally put them and they'll find and add them to your library for you. You may at least have to start the downloads first, but both programs will check for local files before downloading. Just backup your documents for game saves. :)

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Edited. Nevermind. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Save games... that'll will be quite challenging, for some games i'll have to dig into the AppData folder but nothing seriously difficult really. (the fact that Steam isn't Cloud-Enabled on all games is helarious to me, but.. there's nothing you can do about it...  :( )

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.