I7 2600 vs 2600k overclocked

So i saw a video by bitwit that compares an i7 2600k overclocked to an overclocked i7 6700k. It held up extremely well with less than a 20% avg fps increase. If i get just a normal 2600, i cant overclock it, so does that mean it will be a lot worst than the 2600k overclocked from the video? I want to know since i found a 135$ optiplex with a 2600 and i wanted to know if im better off building a pc from scratch with an i5 6600k and 1050ti or getting an optiplex and putting in a 1050ti. And if i do the optiplex build will it be similar performance to the 6600k build? Thanks.

You can overclock only the "K" CPUs from intel and you must have "Zxxx" motherboard for that as well.

Is the entire PC with the 2600 for $135? If so then pairing it with GTX 1050ti would be really nice for cheap.

i5 6600k is overkill with GTX 1050ti.... in that case I would go with i5 6500 and RX 470.

9 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You can overclock only the "K" CPUs from intel and you must have "Zxxx" motherboard for that as well.

Is the entire PC with the 2600 for $135? If so then pairing it with GTX 1050ti would be really nice for cheap.

i5 6600k is overkill with GTX 1050ti.... in that case I would go with i5 6500 and RX 470.

So then would the rx 470 build be better than my optiplex one? Or would they be about the same in performance?

45 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So then would the rx 470 build be better than my optiplex one? Or would they be about the same in performance?

If the price of the entire Optilex is only $135 then I would go with that. HOWEVER ... I am almost sure it uses some proprietary power supply which means that you will need GPU that requieres no aditional power and works just trough PCI-e and therefore the best GPU you can put in there is GTX 1050ti and you will have no upgrade path unless there will be better GPUs in future that can work just trough PCI-e slot.

And you cant use another PSU because the motherboard is also proprietary to work with that PSU so...

For $135 + price of GTX 1050ti though it is a sweet cheap gaming PC.

If you want more powerfull GPU then you will have to go with something else.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

If the price of the entire Optilex is only $135 then I would go with that. HOWEVER ... I am almost sure it uses some proprietary power supply which means that you will need GPU that requieres no aditional power and works just trough PCI-e and therefore the best GPU you can put in there is GTX 1050ti and you will have no upgrade path unless there will be better GPUs in future that can work just trough PCI-e slot.

And you cant use another PSU because the motherboard is also proprietary to work with that PSU so...

For $135 + price of GTX 1050ti though it is a sweet cheap gaming PC.

If you want more powerfull GPU then you will have to go with something else.

Couldnt i just upgrade the mobo and psu? Or would it be hard to find a mobo to work with the 2600?

36 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Couldnt i just upgrade the mobo and psu? Or would it be hard to find a mobo to work with the 2600?

not worth it... in that case go with new stuff

2600k is considerably better, it ocs very well. The 2600 is good (i have it), but getting one Today... Its Just too old

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.