grandpa pc

legopc

1. Budget & Location

the budget is around 300 euro but 350 is also fine and for location i live in holland so it would be nice if i could order my parts at this link: www.azerty.nl

2. Aim

it is as i said in the titel a computer for a little but older person so he will just be playing simple games like pacancie and some other games like that and he does web browsing so yeah so he wont be neeing a gtx titan :P

3. Monitors

he already has a monitor, keyboard and mouse so no need for that and the res is (i thing) 720p 

4. Peripherals

like i already said he already has keyboard and mouse so no need for that but the build MUST include windows 7 (no 8) 

5. Why are you upgrading?

becaus his current computer doesnt support windows 7 and he is bitching about how microsoft will stop bringing out patches for win xp 

and i was thinking about getting a smal-ish case and an apu but about 6-8 gb of ram 

i hope this is enough but if you need more just ask thanks :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I'm going to recommend what we usually build at the computer store i work at it's in the about i'm guessing 350 Euro Mark, it's 500 Canadian. 

A8-5600K - $130

4GB RAM 1600Mhz is fine. $65

ASUS Motherboard i recommend F2A85-M $100

400W/500W RELIABLE PSU, i recommend either Antec/Corsair/Seasonic. The Earthwatts by Antec is what we usually use. $40 Look for something on sale. 

500GB WD Blue HDD Maybe 1TB if he needs it, doubtful. $60-100

Windows 7 Home Priemium. 64Bit OEM. $100

Antec Case: 30$

that puts you around $500 (Give or take rough math, to busy to do full math) Canadian by very rough conversion about 350 Euros. 

We usually recommend these for the old people that come in that say they play few games, and like email and the odd surfing youtube videos. Haven't had one complain yet. 

edit: Should add i've sold almost 20 of these since i started working here about 3-4 months ago. Haven't seen one back, we've been selling models like these since the company opened 4/5 years ago and i've seen 1-5 of our machines in for service. and 4 out of five of them were heavy smokers that clogged up there fans. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

no i dont that that is a good one becaus the cpu might be a bit underpowerd and i would you missed the ram and the case is 10+ workdays to deliver so thats about 3-4 weeks 

-Adolf Hitler 

no i dont that that is a good one becaus the cpu might be a bit underpowerd and i would you missed the ram and the case is 10+ workdays to deliver so thats about 3-4 weeks 

ah yea, good point totally forgot the RAM, but I did pick the more expensive optical drive so you could change that for something else.

to be fair though, I'm not really sure what kind of performance you want out of it, web browsing and the pancine or whatever site is flash game site - correct?

I doubt it ask for a lot of computing prowess; given the case, I'm not really sure how powerful of a pc you want :P

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

What you need is an APU and a decent 300 W PSU or even less, on a mini-ITX platform.

If you can spend a little more, get a Titan (jk).

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

This build needs more Titans so your grandpa can play Farmville on 120 FPS, also new monitor for that.

But no no, indeed get a itx mobo, case, AMD CPU, 4 gb of ram, 300 watt psu, slap it all in, done.

-Adolf Hitler 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1Wiz8

It is 11€ over but it has a SSD. Your grandpa didn't sound like he needs a whole lotta storage so a SSD would be great, right?

I also used pcpartpicker, sorry for that but it's easier.

who cares...

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1Wiz8

It is 11€ over but it has a SSD. Your grandpa didn't sound like he needs a whole lotta storage so a SSD would be great, right?

I also used pcpartpicker, sorry for that but it's easier.

:L thats without win7 

-Adolf Hitler 

fwjTIBg.png

10 euro over AND no case.

But hell. :P

That's fine but I don't see a PSU.

it comes with the case 

-Adolf Hitler 

it comes with the case 

Oh then it's settled. :P

:L thats without win7 

With WIn7? omg, you are crazy. :D

Try to scratch a HDD from somewhere else, step down the APU and you have it.

who cares...