Cablemod cables not aligned. Intentional or not?

Genesisfury
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

It's due to the pinout of PSUs. They don't run 1-1 pins, so cables will cross over. It's a necessity for it to work with the PSU. Make the component end nice and tidy and have the PSU end with the crossings so they can be hidden away.

EDIT: eg. Pin 1 on PSU end may go to pin 3 on component end rather than pin 1. Other pins will be like this, so cables will cross over each other. 

Hello! I would like to preface the following by saying that I am still a newbie with PC hardware.

I bought a full G2/P2 kit for my SuperNOVA G2 and upon using the included combs (and an extra pack of them) I thought I could get all the cables nice and even from one end all the way through to the other, as to not trigger my OCD when it comes to tidiness. The attached picture shows my issue and is present with every cable. This example is the single 8 pin to 6+2. One end of the cable is all nice and even as I place the comb, then running it through to the opposite end....triggered. Logically I think that if every cable has this, then it must be intentional but mistakes also happen.

In my search for answers I came across a reddit post with further details with not only the issue in the attached picture, but also the Motherboard cable. https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4qhapz/cablemod_are_my_cables_put_together_wrong/

As I said, I know not the inner workings of a PSU or it's cables so I'm unsure if this is just how they're supposed to be. Perhaps one end is supposed to line up nicely as only that end will be visible so you would just use a comb for display purposes and then cable tie the last 1/4 or so of the cable. I would just like some peace of mind and for future reference sake.

IMG_1975.JPG

It's due to the pinout of PSUs. They don't run 1-1 pins, so cables will cross over. It's a necessity for it to work with the PSU. Make the component end nice and tidy and have the PSU end with the crossings so they can be hidden away.

EDIT: eg. Pin 1 on PSU end may go to pin 3 on component end rather than pin 1. Other pins will be like this, so cables will cross over each other. 

9 minutes ago, Genesisfury said:

this is just how they're supposed to be.

Thank you very much!! Well that's good to know. I can tell my OCD to piss off.