When buying CPU's off ebay, how do you 100% guaruntee its geniune?

Are there tests you can do?

Or is it simply installing the CPU and running CPUZ or letting Windows recognize it.

I am thinking about ordering a CPU from China but I am very worried about not getting the genuine article. See they can counterfeit so many things over there. I know its probably irrational to think that a North American would never do it.

You can't guarantee before receiving it, but if it's not what you ordered (provide proof like a photo of the Windows thingy), ebay will most probably give you back your money

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Maybe you could get them to send you proof? Like a video of them putting the CPU in then showing you the CPUz or something? 
To be fair, i dont think there is much you can do apart from that.

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

Installing the CPU and running CPUZ is your best bet. What CPU, and could you give us a link?

I've seen counterfeit CPU packaging before for a 4770k with a LGA775 Pent4 inside, but not proper counterfeit CPUs. 

I guess get it, and if it's fake then just chargeback on PayPal?

idk

That is what I am thinking, I dont think anyone can spoof the CPU id system. Its easy enough for them to print something on the cpu case though so thats why I ask. Yeah the packaging can totally be easily counterfeited.

Just eye balling some Xeons, sometimes there is a big jump from the handful of cheapest ones to more expensive units. But all in all they are all very reasonably prices, X56yy Xeon's. Its just that the CPUbenchmarks go from X5650 and X5690 and no inbetween. But I am guessing I can correlate a linear pattern from the 2, am I right? What do I mean by that? Well lets say on a graph, you mark the lowest X5650 and the highest X5690 and you connect the dots, so a X5650 is close to a X5660 (both are 6 cores)