is my 770 really dead?

Droidbot

99% sure my 770 is the problem here. 

Yesterday I was about to start up GTAV, and I went to go fetch a Mountain Dew out of the fridge. I do so, and when I come back my monitor (I'm not at home, I'm at my dad's place) has turned a shade of yellow and there is lots of artifacts on the screen. I hit the reset button on the front of my rig and Windows boots, then randomly starts freezing, and then hangs eventually. It does this around 20 times and then it stops actually booting into Windows. One time it artifacted the background of the Win10 login screen, and another it changed the text and then froze. Machine works fine in safe mode. I decided to reinstall the OS this morning, and it works fine on Integrated graphics - the GPU doesn't even appear in BIOS now. 

Is it dead?

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

-snip-

You've already tried reseating it in the PCI-e slot correct?

Have you tried it in another PCI-e slot or in another computer?

Just now, imreloadin said:

You've already tried reseating it in the PCI-e slot correct?

Have you tried it in another PCI-e slot or in another computer?

that's the issue - I can't test it or take it out. The lock is stuck, making me unable to take the GPU out. I've tried reseating it, and I only have one PCI-E slot since I'm on an ITX board. 

better yet, my 1070 arrives today and I can't fucking get this 770 out of my machine.

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

that's the issue - I can't test it or take it out. The lock is stuck, making me unable to take the GPU out. I've tried reseating it, and I only have one PCI-E slot since I'm on an ITX board. 

better yet, my 1070 arrives today and I can't fucking get this 770 out of my machine.

Do you mean the lock on the PCI-e slot itself is stuck?

If you're having a hard time getting to it to press it down all the way since it's a mini-ITX board then try using like a pencil/pen to press down on it, I've had to do that a few times with SFF cases I've used in the past.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Do you mean the lock on the PCI-e slot itself is stuck?

If you're having a hard time getting to it to press it down all the way since it's a mini-ITX board then try using like a pencil/pen to press down on it, I've had to do that a few times with SFF cases I've used in the past.

yeah, the slot's lock is keeping me from taking the GPU out or pushing it in. I've tried using a screwdriver and it made a huge bump on it but it didn't allow me to take the GPU out. I might bring the chassis and my GPU to a local PC shop and see if they can take it out. I really hope it still works - my eGPU dock for my laptop arrived and the 770 was meant to go into that, RIP.. 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

yeah, the slot's lock is keeping me from taking the GPU out or pushing it in. I've tried using a screwdriver and it made a huge bump on it but it didn't allow me to take the GPU out. I might bring the chassis and my GPU to a local PC shop and see if they can take it out. I really hope it still works - my eGPU dock for my laptop arrived and the 770 was meant to go into that, RIP.. 

Have you tried to remove the whole motherboard with the GPU installed from your case to get more room to work?

Just now, imreloadin said:

Have you tried to remove the whole motherboard with the GPU installed from your case to get more room to work?

wouldn't change much, since the thing blocking the slot lock and leaving me less space is the RAM slots. 

idk

Could be psu

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933