My thoughts on Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Hello so I've recently bought a G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse. As a lot of people states "it's not good for big hands", "it doesn't go well with claw grip" and so on I thought I'd post my thoughts on this mouse. So let's start. The mouse is rather heavy compared to other FPS labeled mice but I didn't find my hand getting tired after long periods of use. Also I did not add more weight on it. I have rather big hands and use a sort of claw-palm mix grip where I like to put my palm fully on the back of a mouse and keep my fingers bent. The mouse feels very nice there's no problems with claw or full grip what so ever so I'ts all bolony that you won't ne able to use it. Also I did find my thumb right in the thumbrest next to the sniper button naturally. Also I have big hands I'm a fluffy boi. The buttons are at very good position I can reach them with ease whenever I play and I don't really need to extensively think qbout reaching all these buttons. The build quality is really solid and the futuristic sort of design really doesn't feel like something unnatural or something wrong in your hand. Now there's one thing that I find strange in a mouse. It's a scroll wheel. Don't panic it's good. But the stepping is rather strange when the wheel is locked. The steps are "big" and I don't love it or hate it it's just strange. Probably gonna get used to it and win't feel it at all. Now what I do love is the unlocked button. Oh my god it's good. And I was really sceptical about it but when I tried it I now know what kind of scroll wheel I love the most. Now the performance of a mouse is good and tracking is really good I tried it on my goliathus pad and on a raw table. It tracked everywhere and it did it good. I guess that PMW 3366 is not that bad at all. The software is really good. I only tried synapse before and trust me G software is on the G spot. It's responsive it has all the functions it has the profiles and it doesn't load for a whole 3 minutes. What else can u want from it? Although I foumd one funny thing that to make my dpi setting illuminated at all times I sort of had to go to the softwares options instead of mouse ilumination options. That was strange but still the software is very good.

To sum it up I would say if you have big hands or you claw grip definetly try this and don't listen to all the bolony that it's small. It might look small at first but when you grab it's just right. Now the question of all times... Is it better than a deathadder? And the answer is... Yes. I would pick up G502 instead of a Deathadder anytime. I found the thumb rest way morencomfortable, the buttons of better quality (Deathadders side buttons are sort of glued to a plastic frame and they have their own plastic small frame that I broke off in every single adder I had). So I definetly recommend it for any kind of grips and sizes since my bread shaped hands fit nicely on it. And is it worth 94.99$? Ummmmm that's really for you to decide. That's a lot of money for a mouse. I got.it for around 50$ on amazon sale so for me it's very well wirth the 50$. And now that I have used it for quite a bit I would pay 94.99$ for the next G502. So folks that was my sort of thoughts on this mouse. I won't give it a rating since I'm not a fan of the ratings it's either good or bad. And it's good definetly a thumbs up from me. Thanks for reading lel.

The G502 Proteus Spectrum is my daily driver and I love it.  The only gripe I have is that I wish the wheel was grippier.

I can confirm. I came from DeathAdder which is about the same price point from G502 and damn, it feels like a big upgrade when I bought G502.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

So heavily advertised as a gaming mouse, bit it's MUCH mor useful. I have a couple of CAD programs on my computer so i bind the macros on the mouse to the most common functions for each individual program. Awesome. And the software with automatic detection in which program you are is fantastic. One button, so many uses.

Ergonomics: my hand is 19,5 cm (7,7 in) and unusually wide, so the mouse feels a bit small, but nothig I can't get over since all my previous mice were those small wireless ones. Which I believe you already found out from my enthusiasm over the software and all that.

Asus Prime X570 Pro | AMD R9 3900X | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb 3000MHz CL15 | Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM750x | Noctua NH-D15

I had the same worries when buying this mouse because everyone said it wasn't good for large hands. I have been using it for a couple days now and I love it, it fits perfectly.