First time PC

So I was seeing what I can put together for a gaming PC while keeping it budget as possible. In the end results I came out with a $500 rig with the convenience of a copy of windows 8 on disk, monitor and keyboard already bought. What type of value would I be getting out of this rig?

500 pc.png

Price for what your getting is a little high, but otherwise it's an ok system which will be reasonably balance but with no upgrade path. I've had one of those 6cores  on my desk and its a good little chip, falls down in online multiplayer sometimes due to weak performance.

I'd checkout the used market atm for 3rd or 4th gen intel and see how you go. Otherwise it's an ok system which will have semi solid performance in title that don't require a huge amount of cpu power.

TLDR: it's an ok balanced build, but there's better value and performance to be had with a re think.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Get a more budget case and get an ssd for that savings or put that money towards better processor i dont think you need such side panel for ketchup and mustard cables

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

i would do this. Much begter psu, cpu and gpu

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($173.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Zalman T2 Plus MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($18.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.98 @ B&H) 
Total: $491.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-29 01:06 EST-0500

Here is my go at it:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DVS/D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($54.00 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Klevv Neo 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($25.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.98 @ B&H) 
Total: $489.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-29 01:14 EST-0500

CPU - that I3 is way faster than the AMD one you picked

CPU Cooler: using stock

Mobo - that goes along with the rest of the parts

Memory - 2x4 GB, nothing spezial - Note: all slots filled with 2 modules! - or get 1x8GB to upgrade later if needed, no dual channel when using only 1 slot though.

Storage: SSD is the most important speed-maker, always get an SSD, seriously.

GPU: because It's from the green team (fanboy here) and will deliver solid 1080p which I assume you are running, don't expect high/ultra settings across the board though.

Case: I love Fractal Design, and that Nano is a sweet little charmer that costs next to nothing.

PSU: Yours is crap, that one is not :-)

have fun

As others have said I would look at a Core i3-6xxx series since you can always upgrade the CPU with that motherboard platform.  You also get to use DDR4 which you can also reuse.  Other recommendation would be to get an SSD or at least a get a WD Black or Seagate Barracuda with 64MB cache instead for the time being until you can get an SSD to add in as a boot drive.  For the PSU I would recommend going to at least a 550W so you can have a bit more expansion in the future as this is a component that you can future proof.