PC going to sleep while playing BF4 ?

AndyCapets

Hey guys,

So I recently bought BF4 and I don't have my desktop PC at the moment so I play on my laptop, wich is a REALLY decent one (60fps constant on medium in 1080p), and I don't know why but, when I play the single player, the game just runs like it should for about 10minutes, maybe less, and then, the screen fades to black and the computer is set to a sleep/hibernate state. What is going on ?

I've checked everything that might cause this to happen, but I found nothing on my system, started looking online, nothing helped... I thought maybe GPU overheating ? I'll have to check it out but in the meantime, does anyone of you have a solution to this ?

HLEP

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

That's because BF4 is boring.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Dont know why it would happen while you are using it, do you have a temp monitoring program? something like coretemp, might have a setting to power off/ sleep/ hibernate when a certain temp is reached.

That's because BF4 is boring.

beat me to it

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You're computer probably thinks BF4 is a screensaver or something, so after 10 minutes it goes into sleep mode.

The only way to fix this is to disable it in your power options.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

... he wants help not a lecture on how a game is apparently boring...

Common we all like to troll once in a while

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

beat me to it

:ph34r:

You're computer probably thinks BF4 is a screensaver or something, so after 10 minutes it goes into sleep mode.

The only way to fix this is to disable it in your power options.

Do you have an idea on how to do this ?

Dont know why it would happen while you are using it, do you have a temp monitoring program? something like coretemp, might have a setting to power off/ sleep/ hibernate when a certain temp is reached.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but do you think there's a way to unable such a thing ? The temps are up to 80, but that's like in any other game.

Do you have an idea on how to do this ?

start>write power options>enter. go to your active plan,click change plan settings> turn off the display> select NEVER

start>write power options>enter. go to your active plan,click change plan settings> turn off the display> select NEVER

^^^ this guy

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I'll try this, and report back in a couple of minutes...

I'll try this, and report back in a couple of minutes...

Well, it's not working, thanks for your anyways for your help, I'm gonna wait till next friday so I get my desktop PC back to play it.

Maybe battery or power brick is failing...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Maybe battery or power brick is failing...

That's what I thought too, but I found out just after posting my last reply last night, problem was that the GPU was not handling the external monitor, the one I use for my desktop PC, and the GPU was overheating and now the game works perfectly fine on the integrated monitor of the laptop, but it's a pain for my eyes, my external monitor costs more than the laptop itself... (800€ the monitor, 600€ the laptop, yay)