Repack-cooling Slot-In Delrin White Reservoir Review

Hey,

This unboxing/review of of the “Repack-cooling Slot-In Delrin white Special Edition†reservoir from alpha cool. This section of the review will be mainly they unboxing. I will add more to this review after I install the reservoir and then after a month of use so look out for that. Please check out my photos HERE or go to the review with integrated pictures at my wordpress blog here: Clickly.

To start my written un-boxing I have to say the reservoir is beautifully packaged. It is in a black box that is very sturdy and well labelled. As this is just a box it’s nice to see they put this much effort into it.

When taking it out of the box it is packaged very well in a thin “foam†to protect it from scratches and knocks. What I love about this packaging is that it very easy to fold back into its original shape so if you are like me and like to keep things in “perfect†condition if you eventually need to sell it etc, then you can be sure that you will be able to sell it the way you got it.

Going onto the reservoir itself it looks stunning. If you have a white case then this is the best you can get and I have been searching for some time. Bear in mind this res is also available in black. The plexi on the front is 1cm thick so “very†thick. This really gives an air of quality about the product and gives an amazing look to it.

The res itself as far as I can tell is made of 2 pieces of plastic. The front clear plexi and the main section. If it was manufactured in more pieces then you really can’t tell. From what I can see no glue is used to keep the res together. The front plexi is secured by 6 hexagonal head screws so if you want to you can take it apart to clean.

Going to the back of the reservoir there is space for four 5mm LEDs so you can illuminate the reservoir. From what I have seen this res looks amazing when it’s illuminated. It also has 3 G1/4 threads on the back the lowest one being on the far right of the res when mounted and the highest one being on the far right. The middle thread comes with a silver blank thread screwed in. Bear in mind the exit of the reservoir should be at the bottom.

There is also a fill port with a G1/4 thread with a silver blanking thread at the top.

In conclusion for the price of £27 I can say this reservoir delivers in quality and looks.

Thanks for reading and if you want more reviews like this check out my new review blog linked at the top!

BbeSmbPh.jpg

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Nice ! I see it's half price on Switzerland's Aquatuning now :D

18 CHF => 13 £......but I already have a res ^^

Wow - nice res - matches nicely with your Switch.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99