Unstable Ping/Connection

TheMaddenHog

Recently whenever I'm playing games online, I've noticed that my ping is constantly fluctuating between 80 and 250. This is causing any online game I play to constantly stutter and makes it pretty much impossible to play. I've narrowed it down to my computer, as none of the other computers in my house are experiencing this issue.

I've even tried a different wireless card and that didn't fix the problem as it experienced the same issue (and my current one worked just fine in the other computer).

Here's a list of everything I've tried, who knows maybe I missed something.

• Moved the card to a different PCI Slot/ tried a different wireless card.
  • Scanned for viruses (with Defender and Malwarebytes)
  • Turned all of the power management features for the wireless card off.
  • Closed all background programs, and made sure nothing else was using the internet.
  • Uninstalled drivers, and then re-installed them.
  • Disabled and re-enabled the device.
  • Turned off anti-virus and firewall. 
  • Reset my IP.
  • Reset the modem and router.

Here's the Wireless Card that I've been using in case that helps: (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704133

You're using wireless, IMO that's the first thing you should be looking at, it doesn't take much interference to make a wireless connection give variable performance.

If it isn't the wireless connection, you might want to look at your QOS settings, if something else is getting priority over your connection it could cause this variable performance as it gets data for the other device.

Have you tried using an Ethernet cable?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The google onhub router I have only has one external Ethernet port, and that's currently being used by a network printer, so I can't just hook my computer up to Ethernet without it bothering the other people that live in my house (I could to test it, but not long term, so I don't really see the point in moving my computer over to the router).

I don't understand how the interference just started showing up though,and why it wouldn't be effecting my ps4 as well (which is in the same room).

I tried setting my router to prioritize my device over the others and that didn't make a difference at all.