Doom VS fallout 4

21rkosta

i have 20 dollars of steam money for the steam store, they have both fallout 4 and doom for sale, cant decide which one i should get, i liked fallout NV but it only took about a day or two to complete, im worried about a short play time with fallout 4, allthough modding fallout 4 seems very fun, i think i will like doom because ive heard its a lot of fun and i like FPS very much, my most played game in my steam library is BO2 (i know it sucks but its still a fun go to multiplayer FPS) i honestly cant decide though, any thoughts?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

FO4 without question. Doom is a linear piece of garbage that'll have no replay value once you compete the campaign.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Just now, eLucid said:

FO4 without question. Doom is a linear piece of garbage that'll have no replay value once you compete the campaign.

Your opinion is wrong.

1 minute ago, 21rkosta said:

i liked fallout NV but it only took about a day or two to complete

I don't understand how you completed it in two days?

Anyways, it depends on what you want. If you want another RPG shooter, get Fallout. If you want a kill everything you see and wreck shit game, get Doom.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Your opinion is wrong.

I don't understand how you completed it in two days?

Anyways, it depends on what you want. If you want another RPG shooter, get Fallout. If you want a kill everything you see and wreck shit game, get Doom.

How so? Care to back up your claim with actual facts instead of just sounding like a douche?

BTW, I'll mention this - nobody buys doom for the MP experience. There's far better games out there for that.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

4 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

snip

Neither. I own both.
Played fallout 3 NV and 4 for a long time.
Don't get Fallout 4. It's a repetitive shallow grind.

Doom is meh. Honestly it feels more like a quake than a doom game, and is not really too fun either.

Get a number of older games, or indie games.

4 minutes ago, eLucid said:

How so? Care to back up your claim with actual facts instead of just sounding like a douche?

Because every post that you make isn't douchey, but alright.

Doom first a foremost is a great nostalgic and respectful throwback to the old one (I remember playing it on Sega Genesis) but has a more modern take on it. The game is very basic but that's why it's so good. You go through somewhat challenging maps that you have to navigate while you're being shit on by different kinds of demons all at one time, and can pose a real challenge at many points. Then you have the multiplayer arena-shooter mode which is very fast, hectic and fun. There's a ton of replay value both in the single player campaign if you want to keep challenging yourself, and in the multiplayer mode as you unlock tons of options on how you look (like that matters) and for your loadout (something not very arena-shooter but it works).

The sound effects and music are well put together and overall give it that modern "Doom" vibe that puts you right inside of the Praetor suit, in my opinion.

For $20 it's well worth it.

7 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Doom is a linear piece of garbage that'll have no replay value once you compete the campaign.

That is why I disagreed. Your opinion is wrong.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Because every post that you make isn't douchey, but alright.

Doom first a foremost is a great nostalgic and respectful throwback to the old one (I remember playing it on Sega Genesis) but has a more modern take on it. The game is very basic but that's why it's so good. You go through somewhat challenging maps that you have to navigate while you're being shit on by different kinds of demons all at one time, and can pose a real challenge at many points. Then you have the multiplayer arena-shooter mode which is very fast, hectic and fun. There's a ton of replay value both in the single player campaign if you want to keep challenging yourself, and in the multiplayer mode as you unlock tons of options on how you look (like that matters) and for your loadout (something not very arena-shooter but it works).

The sound effects and music are well put together and overall give it that modern "Doom" vibe that puts you right inside of the Praetor suit, in my opinion.

For $20 it's well worth it.

That is why I disagreed. Your opinion is wrong.

And that's your opinion. Do get over yourself, mate.

Just now, eLucid said:

And that's your opinion. Do get over yourself, mate.

We should both get over ourselves, to be frank. You didn't really make an argument for either game like OP was asking for. You just said to get Fallout and that Doom is garbage because you don't like how the game plays.

Fallout 4 hasn't been cheap enough for me to buy. But DOOM is my game of the year

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

We should both get over ourselves, to be frank. You didn't really make an argument for either game like OP was asking for. You just said to get Fallout and that Doom is garbage because you don't like how the game plays.

I agree. My opinion isn't wrong in any sense though. Doom is in fact a very linear game...

Also, nostalgia alone doesn't mean a great deal because your experiences won't be shared by the majority. How many LTTers do you think played the original? I'd lay 10-1 odds that it's less than 10%.

FYI, I never said I didn't enjoy the game.

IMO:

Fo4 is great, you can easily spend 80h in it (w/o expansions). I liked it better than fo3.

Doom is a tiny and repetitive game, i never played any of the Doom games, but seriously: the game can be completed in 13 hours and has no meaning, at least from where i stand. I dont like that kind of game.

If you are like me and love games like witcher, Skyrim, dark souls, etc; Go and get Fallout.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I found Fallout 4 a lot of fun, especially with the mods, and have spent around 400 hours playing it. It has a pretty terrible main story compared to other games in the fallout series though. If you didn't feel compelled to explore FO NV, and just stuck to the main story then FO4 may not be the right game for you.

I fell asleep playing doom about 30 minutes in, I didn't find anything in the game that made me want to keep playing, uninstalled it and haven't felt the urge to go back and give it another try. I played the original doom a lot when I was younger, and was excited to see this new version come out hopeful for the nostalgic feeling, but Doom just wasn't for me. Other people seem to enjoy it though.

2 minutes ago, eLucid said:

I agree. My opinion isn't wrong in any sense though. Doom is in fact a very linear game...

I wasn't disagreeing with that specific point, just that your description of the game was wrong. It's not a "linear piece of garbage".

3 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Also, nostalgia alone doesn't mean a great deal because your experiences won't be shared by the majority. How many LTTers do you think played the original? I'd lay 10-1 odds that it's less than 10%.

It's a description on what to expect since it's based on an older title. Picking out a single word of my paragraph of a description is dumb.

9 minutes ago, eLucid said:

FYI, I never said I didn't enjoy the game.

Yet it's a linear piece of garbage?

I wasn't disagreeing with that specific point, just that your description of the game was wrong. It's not a "linear piece of garbage".

It's a description on what to expect since it's based on an older title. Picking out a single word of my paragraph of a description is dumb.

Yet it's a linear piece of garbage?

A game can be linear and still be fun albeit for a very short period of time (hence the fact it has no replay value).

You want a game with replay value, OP? Pick up TW3 if you haven't already.

Very different games I own and enjoy both. I would just judge what do you feel like at the moment: Visceral action or Meticulous exploration?

If you can't decide just flip a coin you really can't miss imo.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, eLucid said:

You are so wrong, like, horribly wrong.
Doom has snapmap, which provides you with a near unlimited amount of community made content.
The only garbage is your ill informed opinion.
Edit, also has arcade mode which is tons of fun.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

7 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

You are so wrong, like, horribly wrong.
Doom has snapmap, which provides you with a near unlimited amount of community made content.
The only garbage is your ill informed opinion.
Edit, also has arcade mode which is tons of fun.

Spoken like a true brit. Nothing to see here, people.

Come back when you gain some perspective, kiddo.

12 hours ago, eLucid said:

When I gain some perspective?
" Doom is a linear piece of garbage that'll have no replay value once you compete the campaign "
Seems you have no perspective.
You clearly made yourself look like a tool, I applaud you for trying to hide it, but trust me, you failed.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

13 hours ago, eLucid said:

On 12/27/2016 at 3:24 PM, eLucid said:

instead of just sounding like a douche?

lol

50 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

When I gain some perspective?
" Doom is a linear piece of garbage that'll have no replay value once you compete the campaign "
Seems you have no perspective.
You clearly made yourself look like a tool, I applaud you for trying to hide it, but trust me, you failed.

Deluded as well. I'm done beating this dead horse. LTT seriously needs a downvote option.

12 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Deluded as well. I'm done beating this dead horse. LTT seriously needs a downvote option.

What exactly am I deluded about?