i5 6600k for 1440p setup.

Adrian91

Hi there, I'm doing some researching over the i5 6600k and i7 6700k, I'm looking to upgrade my computer with a skylake CPU and I'm aiming 1440p for resolution in most of my games, now I'm stuck between these two processors and I was wondering if the i5 6600k and a gtx 1070 would be just enough for gaming at 1440p ? Thanks. 

What is your current CPU?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

12 minutes ago, Adrian91 said:

Hi there, I'm doing some researching over the i5 6600k and i7 6700k, I'm looking to upgrade my computer with a skylake CPU and I'm aiming 1440p for resolution in most of my games, now I'm stuck between these two processors and I was wondering if the i5 6600k and a gtx 1070 would be just enough for gaming at 1440p ? Thanks. 

Yes it is more than enough. If you want just a little bit more performance than you could think about getting the i7 6700k. But you should be fine with the i5 6600k and a gtx 1070.

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

I have the same setup and it's fine if you don't mind the occasional dips to 40-50 fps during CPU intensive games like GTA V.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

7 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

7 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

I have 2500k and I have all the parts for a new rig except CPU and GPU.

8 hours ago, Adrian91 said:

I have 2500k and I have all the parts for a new rig except CPU and GPU.

It will be fine, you can wait for kaby lake but that won't be a significant upgarde over skylake. But since you already have a CPU, you can get the GPU now and when kaby and zen comes upgarde.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide