Only getting 24-28 FPS on 4K Rust Max Settings?

The Salt Is REAL

Just got my 1080 yesterday, it's been running great in other games but for some reason I'm only getting 24 FPS in Rust on average. Any help would be appreciated.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

1 minute ago, KeFy said:

Rust is not really a well optimised game and 4k is demanding thats probably the reason 

I was getting 50-80 FPS in Doom 4K Max, I'm confused because Rust's graphics are nowhere near Doom's.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

1 minute ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

I was getting 50-80 FPS in Doom 4K Max, I'm confused because Rust's graphics are nowhere near Doom's.

Doom is more optimized.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Doom is more optimized.

Ah, I'm assuming Rust isn't very well optimized then?

1 minute ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

As I always have said, survival games are coded by apes with computers.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

As I always have said, survival games are coded by apes with computers.

Lol, I guess that's true. Mostly because none of the big companies bother with survival games, and it's all the indie developers making them.

1 minute ago, mcfly said:

i guess its time to invest in that second 1080!

Don't think rust supports SLI.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

11 hours ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

Lol, I guess that's true. Mostly because none of the big companies bother with survival games, and it's all the indie developers making them.

Or maybe because its in early access and optimizing the game right now is a waste of time

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)