Help with raid 0/ssd/hdd

2FOX
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

you can use your ssd as cache drive but you cant do raid on ssd/hdd 

Hey guys, I am a building my 1st PC. I am going to get a Seagate ST31000524AS 3.5 inch Barracuda 1TB and a 

Kingston Technology HyperX 3K 2.5-inch 120GB. Now I want to know when I connect these two drives do they automatically work in raid 0 or do I have to do it manually. Also what is the advantage of raid 0 and should I do it. FYI I am building the pc mainly for gaming . Sorry if the topic is in the wrong section of the forum.

No no no no for the love of god no....

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

No they do not "automatically work in raid 0 " and they never will be in RAID 0 or any type of raid...

They will however work as two separate drives of which you can partition as you please. {I'd recommend booting from the ssd with a few programs you always use and having the hdd for your games }

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

you can use your ssd as cache drive but you cant do raid on ssd/hdd 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18