What SSD should I get?

mbryant

I want to put as much as I can on an SSD. I currently have most of my games on my HDD as well as software. I'll be keeping my HDD as it's a WD Black drive and it's as the kids say "Lit AF". My current Patriot SSD is near full and only 120 GB. I've been looking at the 850 series but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to SSD's. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

3 minutes ago, mbryant said:

I want to put as much as I can on an SSD. I currently have most of my games on my HDD as well as software. I'll be keeping my HDD as it's a WD Black drive and it's as the kids say "Lit AF". My current Patriot SSD is near full and only 120 GB. I've been looking at the 850 series but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to SSD's. 

Are you looking to put many games on it? I personally own the 750 EVO and I am very happy with it. At the end of the day it's up to you what you want to buy.

2 hours ago, UnjoGratis said:

Are you looking to put many games on it? I personally own the 750 EVO and I am very happy with it. At the end of the day it's up to you what you want to buy.

I'm not sure, I usually like to keep a considerable amount of free space on my drives. I'd probably only keep the games I play often on it., 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

UPDATE: Should also mention I'd rather not spend more than $300 and that's only if it's a really good deal. 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

I'm not sure, I usually like to keep a considerable amount of free space on my drives. I'd probably only keep the games I play often on it., 

I have big titles on my SSD such as fallout 4 and GTA 5, but you should be fine with 250 gb. I have 500gb personally because when I bought it, it had the best ratio of price to storage but in my opinion you should get the best deal out, but wait as prices vary depending on time.

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Is A-Data good? This ad literally was on LTT forum haha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820215017

I think I was mixed up, I have a Patriot SSD

MX300 1TB is, I believe, $270. Just make a partition for 250GB in Windows for the OS and leave the rest for your games.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers