My RAM Really Scared me Today.

PH0U3YY0U3Y

Was playing The Binding of Isaac with an XBox controller (corded) and it was more in my lap than anything while playing. Yes, I know I play in an odd way. Then my cord TURNED OFF MY DESKTOP. I hit cancel since it prompted me to. Then it wouldn't go back to desktop OR shut down. So, I use the force restart button by the power button on my case. So, it doesn't START after. I go behind the desktop, plug the PSU cord back in (somehow it was half unplugged) then turn it back on. It then brings up a screen I have NEVER seen before. Said some of my specs like mobo and things, then that memory slot A is having problems or something along those lines. I then open the desktop, then swap the memory in each slot. THEN IT STARTS FINE. I was confused after that.

It was fine, sometimes it just does that due to a power surge, or whatever, It's really nothing to worry about; That and your RAM may have been "knocked loose" I've seen that happen just once though lol.

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

It was fine, sometimes it just does that due to a power surge, or whatever, It's really nothing to worry about; That and your RAM may have been "knocked loose" I've seen that happen just once though lol.

It was probably knocked loose somehow since there wasn't a power surge