Graphics Issues

djtravz
Go to solution Solved by djtravz,

I just returned it and got a replacement from amazon and it works perfectly without any drivers.

I replaced my CPU, power supply, and GPU, GTX 750 Ti. I turn on my computer and everything is there except it is a very bad resolution (800x600 when my monitor can support 1920x1080) and there are red lines and dots all over the screen. So, I install the GeForce Experience from Nvidia and it installs a driver. I restart my computer and the resolution is still bad, but the lines are gone. I go to the settings in Windows 10 and select 1920x1080 and an error message appears saying "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings." I went back into the GeForce Experience and it said that I had another driver update. I click custom installation and see that the current and new driver versions are the same. So next, I installed the program that came with the card and that didn't help at all.

Thanks,

djtravz

Thanks,

djtravz

Install the graphics driver standalone. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, djtravz said:

I replaced my CPU, power supply, and GPU, GTX 750 Ti. I turn on my computer and everything is there except it is a very bad resolution (800x600 when my monitor can support 1920x1080) and there are red lines and dots all over the screen. So, I install the GeForce Experience from Nvidia and it installs a driver. I restart my computer and the resolution is still bad, but the lines are gone. I go to the settings in Windows 10 and select 1920x1080 and an error message appears saying "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings." I went back into the GeForce Experience and it said that I had another driver update. I click custom installation and see that the current and new driver versions are the same. So next, I installed the program that came with the card and that didn't help at all.

Thanks,

djtravz

Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel (Right-click on the desktop, click NVIDIA Control Panel) and select your monitor. There should be a drop down menu somewhere that lists the resolutions that it can be set to. Select 1920x1080 (make sure your refresh rate matches your monitor) and click apply. If this doesn't fix your issues I suggest uninstalling GeForce Experience, uninstalling your graphics driver and going to NVIDIA's website to install the latest driver (that's if you didn't do that already because you could have used the CD that came with the GPU.)

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

25 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel (Right-click on the desktop, click NVIDIA Control Panel) and select your monitor. There should be a drop down menu somewhere that lists the resolutions that it can be set to. Select 1920x1080 (make sure your refresh rate matches your monitor) and click apply. If this doesn't fix your issues I suggest uninstalling GeForce Experience, uninstalling your graphics driver and going to NVIDIA's website to install the latest driver (that's if you didn't do that already because you could have used the CD that came with the GPU.)

Right clicking on the desktop does not show an option to open the control panel. I can search for it in Cortana but trying to open it does nothing.

asdf.PNG

Thanks,

djtravz

30 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Install the graphics driver standalone. 

I tried and it still doesn't work

Thanks,

djtravz

1 minute ago, djtravz said:

I tried and it still doesn't work

What are you using as your display output?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

What are you using as your display output?

My Asus monitor connected via HDMI

Thanks,

djtravz

9 minutes ago, djtravz said:

My Asus monitor connected via HDMI

Try using DVI instead if possible.

17 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Try using DVI instead if possible.

Sadly I don't have any. My monitor doesn't even support DVI...

Thanks,

djtravz

I tried to open the Nvidia Control Panel again and this happened (see image). My HDMI cable is connected to my card but it doesn't seem to recognize it or something. 

umm.PNG

Thanks,

djtravz

12 minutes ago, djtravz said:

I tried to open the Nvidia Control Panel again and this happened (see image). My HDMI cable is connected to my card but it doesn't seem to recognize it or something. 

umm.PNG

Uninstall all drivers and software that you've installed for this card. Then re-install them again, it should work.

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

Uninstall all drivers and software that you've installed for this card. Then re-install them again, it should work.

Where should I go to uninstall them?

Thanks,

djtravz

Just now, djtravz said:

Control panel (for GeForce Experience and NVIDIA control panel) and Device Manager for drivers. Uninstall the drivers in safe mode as if you try to in regular Windows, it will most likely not let you or maybe crash your system.

Well this would make sense why it isn't working (see image)

error.PNG

Thanks,

djtravz

3 minutes ago, djtravz said:

Well this would make sense why it isn't working (see image)

error.PNG

Check the events tab, it should give you more detailed errors

I uninstalled everything, then reinstalled everything and still didn't work. The Nvidia control panel still doesn't work

Thanks,

djtravz

51 minutes ago, djtravz said:

Uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. 

3 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. 

I used it, the screens looked perfect except for these red dots appearing randomly on the screen. I used the driver installer and it just disabled all HDMI functionality. So I plugged in my extra VGA cable and it had no difference.

Thanks,

djtravz

10 minutes ago, djtravz said:

I used it, the screens looked perfect except for these red dots appearing randomly on the screen. I used the driver installer and it just disabled all HDMI functionality. So I plugged in my extra VGA cable and it had no difference.

Do you have another PC to put the card in? 

16 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Do you have another PC to put the card in? 

I have one that is 10 years old, but it won't even work in that.

Thanks,

djtravz

We just sent it back to amazon for a replacement. Hopefully, the new one won't have this problem.

Thanks,

djtravz

Apologies for maybe the obvious question but after you swapped out the CPU, PSU and GPU - did you do a fresh windows installation?

I just returned it and got a replacement from amazon and it works perfectly without any drivers.

Thanks,

djtravz