Windows server problem

MatFR

Hey guys,

I'm not really up to scratch when it comes to windows server, but I need to accomplish the following in my home lab :

- Currently i'm running an active directory on a domain controller and i have it configured as (example):

* ftln.com

- All users I create in active directory have the following as there user id :

* user1@fltn.com, user2@ftln.com, user3@ftln.com and so on and so on

What I need to add is a kind of subdomain on the same domain controller :

- user3@uk.fltn.com, user4@uk.ftln.com, user5@uk.ftln.com and so on ...

So the end result would give me two domain names

On the top ftln.com and underneath uk.ftln.com

I have managed to do this in DNS by creating a new forward and reverse lookup zone, by i'm not sure how to do it for my users and computers.

Thanks for any tips 

good luck - this is why i leave all of this work to the interns to do :P - takes hours to do it all, and i can't even give you a complete guide in one post - i learned how to do this via three 2 hour long lectures :( just google it, i'm sure someone who actually does stuff like that for a living will give you an answer

images.jpe

1 hour ago, gtx1060=value said:

good luck - this is why i leave all of this work to the interns to do :P - takes hours to do it all, and i can't even give you a complete guide in one post - i learned how to do this via three 2 hour long lectures :( just google it, i'm sure someone who actually does stuff like that for a living will give you an answer

images.jpe

Hours ? ?  it only took me 10 minutes to set up a dc AD, DNS, DHCP with ftln.com , I dont see why adding a subdomain would take 3 ?

you are going to need another domain controller for the new domain in your forest (a forest is the hierarchy of domains and controllers in a single organization). When you go through the first time setup wizard of the new DC, you will choose to make a new domain as the child of the existing domain - this is the point at which you give the subdomain its name. Before there is a DC for the subdomain, it should not exist anywhere - I would even remove it from DNS, even though that shouldn't strictly be required.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Hey, thanks for the reply.

That sounds logical to me.

Its just a shame though that I cant run 2 forests on one domain controller.

I guess i'll have to install another VM.

You can't run two domains on one DC. A DC can only be a part of a single forest. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: