Microphone for casual gaming/skype/ts

SamXevor

I'm using a pair of sennheiser hd 518's, but I need a seperate microphone because my laptop doesn't have a great built in microphone. I was looking around the internet, but I found it extremely difficult to find anything that looked sturdy/ not wonky, that wouldn't break so easily. I'm thinking of getting a Modmic, or the V-Moda boompro, but the VModa doesn't work straight away with my headphones... The modmic is kind of expensive/hard to get where I live (Belgium). Are there any alternatives (I don't mind desk mounting a microphone) in the same price category that sound good enough for casual use? (looking at around 60 euros max) Otherwise I'll probably order the modmic. One more thing is, I have a combined headphone/microphone jack on my computer, so that needs to be taken into acount as well. USB ports are available though.

Thanks, 

Sam

3 minutes ago, SamXevor said:

Snip

I use the Blue Snowball Ice. It's around 40 US Dollars. It's very popular among you tubers and whatnot. It's USB and doesn't require and installation.

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

I use the Blue Snowball Ice. It's around 40 US Dollars. It's very popular among you tubers and whatnot. It's USB and doesn't require and installation.

Is it sturdy? I fergot to mention I go to my dorm during the week and back home during the weekends, so it should also survive the travel in my backpack.

Just now, SamXevor said:

Is it sturdy? I fergot to mention I go to my dorm during the week and back home during the weekends, so it should also survive the travel in my backpack.

The stand that it comes with is plastic. If you unscrew it, and put it in the box it should be fine. I put mine in the box for transportation. It was at the bottom of a 4 or 5 foot duffle bag filled with heavy clothes, and assorted college items (box of laundry soap, books, so on.) There are also third party mounts sold for this item online. I don't know any because I didn't have a need for one.

1 minute ago, fpo said:

The stand that it comes with is plastic. If you unscrew it, and put it in the box it should be fine. I put mine in the box for transportation. It was at the bottom of a 4 or 5 foot duffle bag filled with heavy clothes, and assorted college items (box of laundry soap, books, so on.) There are also third party mounts sold for this item online. I don't know any because I didn't have a need for one.

Ok thanks! I'm looking into it right now.