Samsung Galaxy S4 Noticeably Slower After Screen and Digitizer Replacement

Went in to a local phone repair store today to have my S4's cracked screen repaired. The guys running the place were very nice, and had an S4 screen and digitizer combo in stock. (They only offer replacements of both, and don't just replace the screen, so my device is rocking new glass and a new digitizer.) Left it with them for 45 minutes or so and boom, screen was fixed! Well, sorta...

Essentially I'm having some issues with responsiveness now. The phone is incredibly sluggish responding to inputs that is especially noticeable while typing. I use Swype often, and that works okay, but typing fast like I normally do causes the keyboard (Google Keyboard) to freak out and enter random text. Moving through pages on the home screen feels like it's behind by almost half a second if it decides to respond at all, and scrolling on the google now page or any web page is pretty bad.

I am of course keeping in mind that this phone launched early 2013 and is definitely dated, but the change in responsiveness is very noticeable from earlier today, and I'm concerned that the new screen/digitizer combo is causing it. Not really sure what to do at this point...

Is this even something that can happen?

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

Go in to the store you bought it from and tell them what's going on.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

4 hours ago, ProdigyzMined said:

Went in to a local phone repair store today to have my S4's cracked screen repaired. The guys running the place were very nice, and had an S4 screen and digitizer combo in stock. (They only offer replacements of both, and don't just replace the screen, so my device is rocking new glass and a new digitizer.) Left it with them for 45 minutes or so and boom, screen was fixed! Well, sorta...

Essentially I'm having some issues with responsiveness now. The phone is incredibly sluggish responding to inputs that is especially noticeable while typing. I use Swype often, and that works okay, but typing fast like I normally do causes the keyboard (Google Keyboard) to freak out and enter random text. Moving through pages on the home screen feels like it's behind by almost half a second if it decides to respond at all, and scrolling on the google now page or any web page is pretty bad.

I am of course keeping in mind that this phone launched early 2013 and is definitely dated, but the change in responsiveness is very noticeable from earlier today, and I'm concerned that the new screen/digitizer combo is causing it. Not really sure what to do at this point...

Is this even something that can happen?

Go tell them. That's what happens when the cables are not secured all the way